new buyer

Discussion in 'AR 15 Forum' started by Zigzag2, Feb 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Jcraw78
    (4/21/02 10:52:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All new buyer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am looking at buying an AR 15 style rifle, but I have a few questions
    1. Is it true that the magazines I was issued on active duty will only work with pre-ban firearms?
    2. I want the collapsible buttstock and shorter barrel like the M-4, what is a good buy and what isn't? I have a friend who just got one for about $800, and that sounds good to me. Any ideas/suggestions would be great. Thanks

cpermd
    (4/21/02 11:26:16 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del ARs
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1.Any AR or M16 mag will fit.
    You can put 30 rd preban mags in a postban rifle as long as no local laws prohibit it.

2.The telestock requires the rifle to be a Preban.
    Prices for the Preban receivers generally start at $550 and go up quite a bit.If your friend has a legal Preban for $800 he did OK.

cpermd

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/22/02 5:06:32 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: ARs
    Welcome Jcraw78
    I'm a man of means by no means

Tac401
    Administrator
    (4/22/02 8:56:52 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: ARs
    Bushmaster has an M4 fixed position post ban
    collapsable stock that I would highly recomend,
    we sell quite a few of these rifles and I'd put it
    up against any pre or post ban rifle of it's type
    out there any day!

Welcome Aboard!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Jcraw78
    (4/24/02 6:52:48 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: ARs
    I looked online at the Bushmaster M-4 style weapons and they mentioned that the telestock was "fixed in the open position". That leads me obviously to believe that they are permanently extended. Is this something to do with the whole preban/postban thing? Is it possible to get a true collapsible without spending an huge amount of money

mausermania
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/19/02 11:17:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: AR's
    You MUST have a preban AR15 manufactured before 13 Sept 1994 in order to use an operational collapsible buttstock! The ONLY exceptions are law enforcement and military.

For a civilian it MUST be preban unless you would rather spend time at CLUB FED ! Same thing applies for a flashhider and bayonet lug!

wsmc667
    (9/25/02 2:29:10 am)
    well, ya could always unscrew the flash diverter, smooth the barrel's threads and weld it back on. then mill down the bayonet mount...

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/25/02 7:39:45 am)
    Hi wsmc.....and welcome to TFF.

You must be a real early bird, posting at 3:29am.

wsmc667
    (9/26/02 12:05:36 am)
    hey X racer, thanks for the welcome!

actually... the other way around. i'm one of them former army types living in kalifornia that never really thought i'd NOT be allowed to own a civillian version of my trusty ol m16. well, finally got around to getting an upper for the lower i bought years ago and registered a year or so later. just doin some research about a bushmaster i put a deposit on. it was preban (standard 20" a2) and my lower isn't.

so now they're gettin me a postban 16" v-max. i kinda prefer the low profile of the flat top... the new "alien gun" with the flip up sights should keep the gawkers away that would ooo and ah at the ar carrying handle and front sight. and hopefully minimize being shaken down by lesser informed LEOs, etc.

i'm pretty excited about it. i always enjoyed range firing the m16.

*time for new guy to shut up and walk the dogs*
    =)
    chris
    (a current racer)

USA VET
    (11/27/02 11:03:55 pm)
    I am originally from the country of Kalif. Haven't lived there in 27 years. I grew up around Vacaville and Winters area. Love the scenery, still have family there but I could never go back, to many Democrats and gun control freaks.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (11/28/02 12:47:42 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: AR's
    Welcome USA VET

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/28/02 2:21:05 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: AR's
    Welcome Aboard TFF USA VET!

We have the same in common just different states it seems!

Maybe some day we can go home!

Tac
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/28/02 8:01:44 am)
    Hey USA VET, a hearty welcome again, it was nice having you with us in a chat last night. Hurry back now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.