New census activity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ampaterry, May 6, 2009.

1. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Last week, my dog exploded to let me know someone was coming up the drive. The car parked and a lady got out, came to the door and rang the bell. When my wife answered, she handed her a piece of paper and said she was with the census bureau and was just here to get a GPS fix on our house.

She stood on the step working with a little hand-held device for a couple minutes, then thanked her and left. Reading the paper, it only talked about the questions census takers ask, and how very confidential the answers were; no mention of GPS locating.

I asked at church, and everyone in this area received the same visit.

OK, let's say I want a GPS fix on my house.
    I can go to Google earth, put in my address, and get it in a few seconds. Why is the census bureau paying someone to drive around and do this in person?
    More economic stimulus? :rolleyes:

Or maybe targetting - - ;)

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  2. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

3. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

Sign of things to come.....

4. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

well you know they might need a very accurate reading of your front door so they can place a tomahawk cruise missile through it if you ever become a "right wing extremist" oh wait... i think we are all in trouble. so if you ever see one of these RUN!!!

tomahawk.jpg

I have yet to have any one with a GPS device come to the door.

5. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

When it comes to your yard then maybe you will care more

6. ARB

ARB New Member

The Census Bureau stopped by my place about 2 weeks ago. She just verified my address and that it was a single family home. I asked to see her ID badge.(Not that it would have mattered, I don't know what it is supposed to look like.) She showed me and gave me a pamphlet. No GPS no attitude.

7. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

what do you mean by that???

8. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

They will be rudely told to get the "heck" off of my ranch and that they can mail me the form like they did in the 2000 census. :mad::mad:

9. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

They came by my house about 6 weeks ago. Just a few guestions to verify our address. We visited, they were neighbors, and they left. No GPS.

10. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Saddle,
    I was just thinking of what a lonely drive a ranch access road would be for a census taker!

11. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

The same thing happened at my house last week. A lady pulled up, I just happened to be outside, I asked here what she wanted, she handed me the sheet of paper that pretty much explained nothing, She sat in the car and fiddled with something that I assume was a GPS, got here readings and then left. I did NOT see her go to my neighbors house, either before she came to mine or after leaving my house. That really makes me wonder!

12. ARB

ARB New Member

Has anyone thought about calling the CB? And ask why some houses are getting readings and others are not. Could be some kind of zoning thing.

13. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

someone was here about a wk or so ago from the census bureau. they had our address wrong, they actually had the neighbor's addy as ours. she also asked how many people lived in our home... i have no clue if she did anything at all w/ GPS.

14. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

A couple weeks ago I saw a Census worker driving around, but she didn't stop at my house. Good thing too, if I'd seen the GPS I'd have told her to p*** off and get lost. And if she started the official attitude, I'd have told her she'd better start calling the feds to pick me up:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: We're already on their watchlists, this is just a way to get accurate locations of our homes for the time when they take our guns and herd us into the camps. am I the only one that finds Barry's official stories and explanations to be more tranparent than his "adminstration"?

This brings up another point...a couple months ago I thought about applying for a position with the Census, but I decided not too after I heard ACORN was involved. Glad I didn't now because when they told me to do something like this, I'd have told them to cram it and I'd have quit on them.

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  15. islenos

islenos Active Member

An even better reason to have a Trailer House, take with tires of the roof and move it to another GPS location.:D