The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine came in today from CZ. Best thing about it is how light it is, under 5lbs. 20 inch barrel takes 3 inch shells. Fully adjustable F/O ghost sights with tactical hoods. It also has screw in chokes. I'll take it out for some pattern shooting soon and post more info.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
cool shotgun, how many shells and how much? let us know if it jams and hows the recoil. thanks

john

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
i was looking at cabelas and somebody bought a brand new remington 870 and the shotgun jammed and then on another forum im on another member bought a brand new mossberg 500 and the gun was jamming thats why i brought up jamming

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The demo we had shot perfectly. Holds 8+1. The trigger is a little gritty but over time I'm sure that will fade. At the store they are 369.95 which is not bad at all. In respect to the 870 and the 500 and the jamming problems, they are not know to jamb. Most times its user error or junk ammo.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I used the Mossy 500 in the service and in armored trucking work never had any issues, and the Remington 870s the Dept has have never jammed on me, even with our terrible spotty maintenance. I have had rifle sights come unstuck, but never a jam.
I want to try on of these Horde Control Pump shotguns.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Pump shotguns dont jam 99% of the time. If you get one that does its almost always ESTOP syndrome.

Those CZs look sweet. I think ill get one too.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. I saw it announced, was waiting to see what they looked like.

Now if CZ also adds a "612 Utility" model in the lineup I'll really be interested.
I like the feel of the 712 Utility but I still prefer a pump gun...and I don't need all the tacti-cool stuff. :)
Might need to get myself a new farmyard beater.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Here's the pics from the catalog - that what you are looking for, Bindernut?
I'm interested in a pump-version of the 712 Utility. That Home Defense model is close but not quite.
The 712 Utility has a 20" vent rib with interchangeable choke tubes.

My current beater is an 870 with a bobbed barrel...20" but with no choke at all.
I want modified choke as a minimum but interchangeable tubes would be very welcome. Yep, I'm fussy! LOL

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
I'm interested in a pump-version of the 712 Utility. That Home Defense model is close but not quite.
The 712 Utility has a 20" vent rib with interchangeable choke tubes.

My current beater is an 870 with a bobbed barrel...20" but with no choke at all.
I want modified choke as a minimum but interchangeable tubes would be very welcome. Yep, I'm fussy! LOL
you mean something like this??

Attachments

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Yup Josh, that's about how my current beater 870 is set up. Minus the mag extension and about 90% of the bluing. :)
It's fine for dispatching critters out to about 15yds...after that, the lack of a choke really defines the term scattergun! LOL

I've been eyeballing a 712 Utility at one of the local shops for a couple months now but I just like my pumps so I haven't dragged it home yet.
I'll still be checking out the 612 when it arrives in the area but for some reason skunks just aren't intimidated by the pistol-grip stock so that zombie special isn't too high on my wish list. :)

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
I had the chokes re-reamed by our own HelixFR. I run a jellyhead ported tube

1 - 14 of 14 Posts