new friends ( 1 2 3 )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt Guest

gpostal
    (8/9/01 9:50:52 am)
    | Edit | Del All new friends
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    it is hard for some people to understand the relationship that can form through boards like ours, but you get to know someone for who they truly are ,and not judge one another by what we look like or the car we drive ,but who we truly are inside ,we type our thoughts onto the board reveling thoughts and some views we wouldn't talk about with others , we know when each other is feeling blue ,or feeling happy ,and the feelings are shared , i am amazed to this day how as a very small group in the world we share more than guns as a common bond ,but we are all different in many ways, putting faces to names this past week has made me view things different {in a positive way} ,the mental image i have developed in the past has changed ,i know see a real person behind the name

postal

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (8/9/01 10:13:39 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: new friends
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    snifle....snifle. In the mean time....WHATS THAT OVER THERE!!!!! as LTS nets a few trout for a shore lunch....heheheh
    "am not" R2

Winter11
    (8/9/01 10:24:15 am)
    I'm new over on this side. I usually post over on the Vietnam Memories Board. I came over here yesterday to post my condolences on behalf of Ron and I thought I would also take the advice of JD and try to get to know some of you through your posts. You seem like a great bunch (not surprising ) and after I read this particular post, I couldn’t help but reply.

I agree with you a 100%. People here are themselves. There is no judgment. I think only part of it has to do with the fact that we are all on computers, but I think it also has to do with the fact that all the people here are genuine, honest and true to themselves and each other. I’ve learned a lot from everyone while posting here, I’ve laughed, cried, laughed some more, and I always feel right at home.

I guess I just look forward to getting to know all of you over on this side….

Winter

bondai
    (8/9/01 11:02:02 am)
    Welcome, Come on in and put your feet up. The rest of the miscreants will be back soon.....

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/9/01 11:02:08 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: new friends
    Welcome Winter!

I'm glad you made it here Kiddo!

JD
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

tuckerd1
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/9/01 1:00:02 pm)
    Welcome Winter! Stick around awhile and join in.

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/9/01 2:07:17 pm)
    | Edit | Del Howwwwwwwwwwwwwww Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Hey Winter, welcome to the family, alwaays glad to have another new member join us.

LTS, when Postal turns his head again get me one of them thar fishies out th pond

Xracer
    (8/9/01 3:22:24 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: Howwwwwwwwwwwwwww Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Welcome Winter.

Geez Postal, you're gettin' me all teary eyed....but then, it IS hay fever season.

kdubaz
    (8/9/01 3:23:28 pm)
    Howdy, Winter11 -

Glad to have you here. Gotta watch out for a few "Miscreants" here on the board - they'll lead you astray faster than you can say "Jack Daniels"! Won't mention any names, but their initials are: Kdubaz, Like-to-Shoot, Bob in StL (Crusty), Xracer, Bondai, The Real Fredneck, M. Opaliski, and especially, TLynn! There's a bunch more, but these are the most sneaky of the sneakiest.
    Keep below the ridgeline!

shooter22
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/9/01 4:22:36 pm)
    Hi Winter11, welcome aboard.

Postal, you are right, putting a face takes those feelings one step deeper. I have cousins that I ahve never met or talked to, and I have completely different(stronger) thoughts about our board members that I do relatives. with some relatives it get a face, but nothing else. Nothing to basis a friendship on.

Having what we have here is truely grand, and being able to see people puts it over the top.

shooter22

ruffitt
    (8/9/01 4:48:36 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Hey, kdubaz - I resemble that miscreants remark!!! (just in case ya forgot).
    ======================================================

Winter11 :

our place.

and stay a while.

Have yourself a good one.

Regards

ruffitt

Edited by: ruffitt at: 8/9/01 6:36:15 pm

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/9/01 5:20:59 pm)
    Whooooooooooooooooooo Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Ruffit, and I thought I was good, I bow my head in your presence, sir!
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

ruffitt
    (8/9/01 5:38:59 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Thanx Steve. I see you've borrowed a few of mine previously, and that's O.K. I don't mind shareing.

Have yourself a good'un, bud. C U later.

Regards
    ruffitt

Zigzag2
    (8/9/01 6:00:30 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Hey Winter, Hello and what everybody else saz too

Zig

TallTLynn
    (8/9/01 6:04:15 pm)
    Welcome Winter to the boards over here. Please ignore kdubez in the corner and what he is saying - I would never lead anyone astray.

At least I don't think I would???

Damn, now I've got to think again - kdubz - going to get you for making me think after work is over with!!!!

TLynn

SXSMAN
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/9/01 6:32:50 pm)
    Kdubaz,I'm workin hard to make your sneaky list.Just ask shooter or 44ruger.Winter,where

were you when we were in MO?Man,we coulda used winter then.

OK,we'll use you now.While your up,I'll have a beer or some Bobs best.It's ok.You can have

one too.

Bob In St Louis
    (8/9/01 8:16:13 pm)
    Dang tootin'. Welcome on in, pull up a straw bail, pull a plug o' chaw.

Ptooie - Ding!
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

mt pari
    (8/10/01 12:10:30 am)
    Whoa.....I saw ruffitt's colors for Winter and got green with envy..well actually I am sorta green kyptonite right now..totally *radiating* (Homer told me I was)...My name is Pari, I live in Montana and I too am here at the gentle prodding of our leader..JD. Yes.. I grew up hunting..but have more humerous stories of my great shots to tell, than "Bawanna" ones.

I have read some of your posts..great group..

I too am on the VMBB..been there since last June 2000...If you want some fun entertainment, you should stop by and visit our "Women in Combat" series..a real kick a roo...or just drop in any ole' time..we will drop in over here too, since we're all neighbors and such..

kdubaz
    (8/10/01 12:44:36 am)
    Howdy, Mt pari -

Welcome to the board and jump right in - the water's fine!

(Les' see, need to add

Sxsman
    Zigzag
    Shooter 22
    Alphamale
    Flhunter
    TAC401
    Shooter 45
    Gonepostal
    AntiqueDr
    Gunny6
    GunRunnerJohn
    Oh, and Polishshooter - by all means!

All the above are duly reognized as "Miscreants", and PROUD of it!!

If I missed any of ya, feel free to add your name to the list!

ruffitt
    (8/10/01 3:59:55 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    mt pari? our place

and stay a while.

Be cool, dude, and we'll catch ya later.

Have yourself a good one.

ruffitt

Xracer
    (8/10/01 7:50:06 am)
    Welcome Winter and Mt. Pari......you're about to enter......the Twilight Zone!

TallTLynn
    (8/10/01 7:54:04 am)
    XRacer - ain't no about to - they done already entered the "Twilight Zone!"

mt pari
    (8/10/01 11:50:32 am)
    Is there another place outside of the twilight zone? I've leived there...At least we are in good company..Thanks for the welcome all..

Oh Happy Days..

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/10/01 12:11:25 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Welcome Aboard Pari!

Happy to be graced with the presense of a lady
    of your high caliber and Winters also!

mt pari
    (8/10/01 4:43:23 pm)
    Thanks JD, coming from you, that's quite a compliment..

Thanks all, for your colorful and warm welcomes..I will be sure to stop in and visit..

hope6970
    (8/10/01 8:41:20 pm)

Well I see Pari and Winter has been before me and cleared the path, so I will bring up the rear.

I would like to say hello to all of you, my name is Hope and I hail from the Vietnam Mem. Board.
    I am a female Vietnam Vet and decided to get over here and see how the other half of us is doing.

Have looked and taken a peek at your board and find it a very interesting and knowledegable place to
    come and visit. I have been around weapons for most part of my life and have spent a lot of time in
    the great outdoors. That was until some people have decided it wise to take lots and lots of ammo
    and shoot at anything that moves. So I do hope that people like that finds this site.

Thank you for letting me visit and how about you going over to the other side and visiting us soon.

Hope

SXSMAN
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/10/01 9:25:02 pm)
    And Hope,what a nice rear you bring up(Wink,wink).

There are some fine folks here with the exception of the likes of me.

Welcome.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (8/10/01 9:29:13 pm)
    you got that right
    "am not" R2

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/10/01 10:13:53 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Welcome Aboard Hope!

Folks, Hope is one special gal! Join us often Kiddo!

This is becoming one heck of an extended family,
    it gets better and better all of the time!

kdubaz
    (8/10/01 11:55:10 pm)
    Well, Coon doggies, 6970 -

You can bring up drag, take the point or anyplace in between!

Sur' nuff glad to have you hear with your other sisters-in-arms - if'n someone gets too fresh or tries to give a pinch, why- there's several 2x4 totin' gals here to set them straight!

Enjoy the board and please do join in the discussions.

berto64
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/10/01 11:58:21 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Ladies,
    Welcome to you all! What the other miscreants said goes for me too.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/11/01 12:08:07 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Hey folks,

Those of you who haven't posted on the VMBB yet,
    how bout help'in us get that place off the ground
    a little bit better by throw'in in a post or reply or
    two every once in awhile over there? Choose what
    ever forum suits ya, sure would be great if ya feel
    like it, great group there too, be nice to have both
    places visit'in with each other if ya like.

Thanks, Tac/JD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.