The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took the SD40VE to the range, 75 rounds 0 problems with the gun. put on the "Traction Grips" I ordered Mon. got them Fri. real nice, fit well. just enough tack. My shooting on the other hand... well 80% were in the 7:30 to 8:30 are in the white to the edge of the target, oh well practice practice practice. CCW class is 1 week from tomorrow.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
blackbird - do you know if you are cross dominant? I am. I tilt my head and aim with my left eye. An easy way to check this is with a pencil in your kitchen. Sit across from a light switch and hold the pencil out straight up and down lined up on the switch with both eyes. Close one eye, then the other and see where the pencil moves. If the pencil moves off the light switch when you close your left eye and you are right handed but it stays pretty much on the switch when you close your right eye then you are cross dominant and need to aim with your left eye.

7:30 to 8:30 puts you off to the left (as well as low). Height is generally easier to adjust for by getting used to the sights on the pistol and making sure you maintain wrist and head control. If you are not cross dominant then it is more likely your trigger pull that is pulling you down to the left.

Take a look at this diagram - this may help you. It is a pistol marksmanship correction target:

http://s989.photobucket.com/user/UrbanDesert1812/media/Weapons/wmcorrectionchartpg8.gif.html

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I am cross dominant. I have to make sure I sight with my right, if I don't think about it I will go to sight with my left dominant eye. trigger pull and anticipation are a problem at this point. working on it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts