The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a thread on another forum and discovered that Tractor supply is blowing out some safes for Black Friday week. Reading that thread just cost me $299 bucks. Been kicking around adding another safe, got several, but still not enough space., dang guns just keep multipling :whistle: Anywoo, they were selling a Cannon 36 gun safe for $299, its not a top of the line safe but for my needs it will work fine and get some guns out from behind doors and under beds. Now I have to find a place to put it :unsure: I did get them to knock another $20 off the deal for a small blemish on the door, so that covered the tax, got lucky the only one left in stock between three stores was a floor model. The other store said thay sold out right after the stores opened this morning, I got mine at 6:00pm tonight. So I guess Merry Christmas to me (y)

·
Super Moderator
10,781 Posts
Wow! that's a great price Bigdog357 , I wish I had a tractor supply near me, I just bought a liberty from my local John Deere dealer, I payed dearly for that JD logo, kinda like their combines and tractors, anything with Green paint = $$$
That's OK....They get a commission on the sale and their friends of mine and Gun owners.

Wow! your Cannon safe for $299.00

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I learned real quick buy a safe way bigger then what you think you need . They fill up quick .It might say 36 gun safe but that is over statement . Go as big as you can afford .
Yep I agree, but I move a lot so I have always bought medium size safes so they are managable to move, even the 400 lb safes are getting to be a struggle at my age. I am up to six right now, I'll just keep adding them as needed. Since I put all my guns in gun socks I cans stack em in there tight without damage.

·
Super Moderator
26,931 Posts
My pipe dream is a large safe room so can reload in and have all my guns all on the wall . Try to tell my wife could use as a storm shelter also but she just gives me that "look" , you know what I mean ? Every time you lucky dogs that are able to do that make me very envious !!!!!!
I drool every time I open the thread to the room tuckerd1 built.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can have what I want but I don't want to feel like a horder!
Ha, no such thing as a gun hoarder :whistle:, at least in my mind anyway. I see myself as a avid aficionado of firearms :cool:

My wife on the other hand probably thinks I am nuts. Their are much worse hobbies a man could have

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have two safes and I could use another one, or replace the two with a much larger one...decisions, decisions.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
I drool every time I open the thread to the room tuckerd1 built.
been there. it is a way room......way too neet, way too big, way too much good neet stuff. pictures do NOT show it off good enough. kitchen quality cabinets are just over the top. Don did a very good job putting it together.

rick

Wow! that's a great price Bigdog357 , I wish I had a tractor supply near me, I just bought a liberty from my local John Deere dealer, I payed dearly for that JD logo, kinda like their combines and tractors, anything with Green paint = $$$
That's OK....They get a commission on the sale and their friends of mine and Gun owners.

Wow! your Cannon safe for $299.00
View attachment 239725
i have one with Liberty on the door that looks the same. those pockets on the door are great! long guns only work in the section on the left. i still manage to fill it with gun stuff. that price was MUCH better than what i payed, good job.

rick

·
Premium Member
19,593 Posts
My Colt Defender in 45acp was the last gun I bought. It was two years ago at Christmas. No need for a new safe. I have some guns I wanted to buy but the free cash is not there. I paid for 2 of my daughter's weddings in the last two years. I could have bought a lot of guns with that money.

I plan of buying a few more guns in the future but no more high-end stuff. Over the last 10 years, I bought most of the guns I have always wanted, and If I never buy another one I would be ok.

So I don't need a new gun safe. I would like to have a ammo safe. Cabela's has one and I would love to get it. I store all my ammo in ammo cans in my home office. They take up a lot of room and it's hard to see what I have in stock.

·
Administrator
11,969 Posts
My Colt Defender in 45acp was the last gun I bought. It was two years ago at Christmas. No need for a new safe. I have some guns I wanted to buy but the free cash is not there. I paid for 2 of my daughter's weddings in the last two years. I could have bought a lot of guns with that money.

I plan of buying a few more guns in the future but no more high-end stuff. Over the last 10 years, I bought most of the guns I have always wanted, and If I never buy another one I would be ok.

So I don't need a new gun safe. I would like to have a ammo safe. Cabela's has one and I would love to get it. I store all my ammo in ammo cans in my home office. They take up a lot of room and it's hard to see what I have in stock.
I'm glad I didn't have daughters.

Reactions: joe45c
1 - 19 of 19 Posts