The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am getting a new .22 rimfire and I know that I want a Cz 455, but I am not sure what one I should get. So I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts if I should get the American, the lux, the ultralux, the evolution, or the varmint. Any input helps.

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
43,878 Posts
The only CZ's I own are the CZ-52 and the CZ-82, both of which are centerfire pistols so I can't give any advice on a .22 but I did want to take a minute to welcome you to the forum.

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
I am getting a new .22 rimfire and I know that I want a Cz 455, but I am not sure what one I should get. So I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts if I should get the American, the lux, the ultralux, the evolution, or the varmint. Any input helps.

Thank you
Depends on what you're use and expectations are for the rifle. If you are going to target shoot using iron sights the Ultra lux with the long barrel and good irons would be high on your list. If you want something compact to drag through the woods and be a menace to small furry creatures a scout with its 16" barrel and short stock would be something to consider. Depends, of course there is no law against having more than one so there are no bad choices:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depends on what you're use and expectations are for the rifle. If you are going to target shoot using iron sights the Ultra lux with the long barrel and good irons would be high on your list. If you want something compact to drag through the woods and be a menace to small furry creatures a scout with its 16" barrel and short stock would be something to consider. Depends, of course there is no law against having more than one so there are no bad choices:D
I am looking for something to squirl hunt and also to do some training with.

·
Premium Member
34,531 Posts
I am looking for something to squirl hunt and also to do some training with.
Welcome aboard! I can't help you choose a CZ, mostly because I don't own one! Never have. But I do squirrel hunt with a .22!

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
If you are going to put a scope on right away the American would be a good choice. If you want irons, with the ability to scope later, the Lux would be better. I believe they are basically the same, Lux and American, with 20" barrels. The main difference is the Lux comes with iron sights the American does not.

·
Registered
Pensacola Florida
3,811 Posts
The American and Varmit come without sights so you will have to use a scope or maybe aperture sights with a bloop tube. The Varmint has a wider stock that will ride a rest better if you choose to shoot it from a bench. The ultra Lux with the 28 inch barrel is extremely accurate if using aperture sights also. I have 6, 452's and a 455. If I had to pick the most accurate it would be the 455 Varmint but it has a Lilja barrel and is mounted in a BR stock so it has a bit of an advantage. Any CZ 452, 453, or 455 is usually very accurate but as with anything there are lemons, I just haven' t found one yet.
Which ever one you decide on (455) you can always change the barrel if not satisfied with .22

·
Registered
2 Posts
I, like you, labored over what I should buy. My first choice was indeed the 455 American with a heavy threaded barrel. I have a Silencerco Spectere 2 on the way, but needed rifles/pistol to use it :) After shopping around, I decided to save the money and buy a Savage MKII FVSR. It may not be as refined as the CZ (which I will eventually get someday) but for $231 from Bud's it is a fantastic choice. Heavy Barrel, fluted, adjustable trigger and reports are that it is a Tack Driver. The money I saved went towards a Remington Speedmaster semi-auto on the same order. My son and I will have some good times with these two.

·
Super Moderator
43,878 Posts
I, like you, labored over what I should buy. My first choice was indeed the 455 American with a heavy threaded barrel. I have a Silencerco Spectere 2 on the way, but needed rifles/pistol to use it :) After shopping around, I decided to save the money and buy a Savage MKII FVSR. It may not be as refined as the CZ (which I will eventually get someday) but for $231 from Bud's it is a fantastic choice. Heavy Barrel, fluted, adjustable trigger and reports are that it is a Tack Driver. The money I saved went towards a Remington Speedmaster semi-auto on the same order. My son and I will have some good times with these two.
Welcome to the forum, et2041. I have one of the FVSR's attached to my Huntertown Arms Guardian 22 suppressor. It is a tack driver as you mentioned and mine really likes the Aquila subsonic ammo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum, et2041. I have one of the FVSR's attached to my Huntertown Arms Guardian 22 suppressor. It is a tack driver as you mentioned and mine really likes the Aquila subsonic ammo.
Thanks for the Ammo advice, looks like I'll have to order up some Aquila.

·
Super Moderator
43,878 Posts
Thanks for the Ammo advice, looks like I'll have to order up some Aquila.
If you find some at a good price, please let me know! I've been paying $50 a brick at my LGS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts