The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get a Cz 455 varmint with a nikon prostaff 3-9x40 scope. I am also thinking about adding a Silencerco Sparrow 22 silencer in some time. What are your thoughts? I am not certain about the scope so any input on that will help.
Thank you

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
The CZ-455 is an excellent choice for a bolt action 22. IMO there is nothing better in its price range.
As far as the scope, it depends on what you will be using the rifle for. If hunting, it will work OK, for target shooting, not so good.
Look at the Weaver V4-16 or V3-15. They are a much better option.
If all you are doing is target shooting, a 6-24 is even a better choice.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
I am going to get a Cz 455 varmint with a nikon prostaff 3-9x40 scope. I am also thinking about adding a Silencerco Sparrow 22 silencer in some time. What are your thoughts? I am not certain about the scope so any input on that will help.
Thank you
Cz sales a American/silencer model with the barrel threaded 1/2 x 28".
http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-455-american-suppressor-ready-22-lr-16-bbl-5-rd-mag-black-polymer/
Nikon scopes are a good solid choice, the prostaff are hard to beat for the lower priced scopes. They have several models in the $125 to $200 price range that have different features, some tailored to 22LR. Here's an example....
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/27...-adjustable-objective-precision-reticle-matte
This scope is on my "poor man's target rifle" and the performance is way better than one would expect for the money. Clear and bright, you can spend more money but to get a noticeable improvement in performance you'll spend a lot more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The CZ-455 is an excellent choice for a bolt action 22. IMO there is nothing better in its price range.
As far as the scope, it depends on what you will be using the rifle for. If hunting, it will work OK, for target shooting, not so good.
Look at the Weaver V4-16 or V3-15. They are a much better option.
If all you are doing is target shooting, a 6-24 is even a better choice.
I am planning to do a little hunting but a lot more target shooting. With that being said I am on a budget and can't get a scope that will be the same price as the gun

·
Premium Member
9,961 Posts
What reticle are you considering. I have a BDC on a 452 and do not like it for target shooting. I am replacing it with a non BDC scope.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What reticle are you considering. I have a BDC on a 452 and do not like it for target shooting. I am replacing it with a non BDC scope.
I am looking for a bdc, a mil dot, or something in that style. What scope do you have?

·
Premium Member
9,961 Posts
I am looking for a bdc, a mil dot, or something in that style. What scope do you have?
I still have a Nikon BDC on it and bought a Mueller Eraticator to replace it.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
The Nikon EFR has the "precision reticle". For target shooting I much prefer it over the mildot or BDC. Much easier for my age challenged eyes to use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts