The Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, just joined this forum... Want to say that I like what I have been reading... Great group here. I used to shoot a lot, but haven't in several years... I'm wanting to learn more about guns and the sport of shooting, mainly as a hobby. I have a colt .45 and a few rifles and would like to learn a lot about guns in general, how to build, reload, etc. ...thanks!!!

·
Super Moderator
39,108 Posts
Welcome to The Firearms Forum, from Georgia. Ask any thing and someone will give you an answer. It may not be the answer you want though.

·
Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training
7,307 Posts
Welcome aboard, from SC!

Reactions: chaswea

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Welcome. Looking forward to your posts.
-
I'm heading down to Abilene this weekend for a few days to see family and eat a lot of steak. Wife staying home in Washington so the honkin big Texas steak will have lots of fat and be mostly burnt, Chicago style (slightly rare inside). Lots of mushrooms, bake taters with a bucket of butter and sour cream on it with a beer chaser. Wahooooo Texas!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
Welcome. Looking forward to your posts.
-
I'm heading down to Abilene this weekend for a few days to see family and eat a lot of steak. Wife staying home in Washington so the honkin big Texas steak will have lots of fat and be mostly burnt, Chicago style (slightly rare inside). Lots of mushrooms, bake taters with a bucket of butter and sour cream on it with a beer chaser. Wahooooo Texas!!!!
Do you get to Abilene often?

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
Thank you!!!! Where in the Hill Country??? My parents live in Fredericksburg... Love it down there!!!
Give me a heads up and I'll buy you a brew when you come again.

·
Premium Member
34,535 Posts
Another Texas welcome, from deep in the Piney Woods of East Texas!

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Do you get to Abilene often?
I have a brother and sister-in-law there. I was last there about 3-4 years ago. I retired from the reserves so am staying out at Dyess. No car so brother drives me about. I land late on the 28th, then out for a steak after I check into my room. The 29th we are taking off to Fredericksburg for 3 days and check out a museum and the area then back to Dyess then out of town again the next day on a trip to "surprise" (so not sure what that is about), then back to Dyess and fly out the next morning. I really like the area. Very clean city and an abundance of courteous people. Seems like a great place to raise kids.
-
I'd like to take you up on the brew but this is one of those zoom in and whirl wind tours and jet out trips.
-
Thanks for the Texan offer and hope to meet you for that beer next trip.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.