The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been cruizing your site for a while now and decided to join. I have been shooting for many years and just in the last 4 years have started customizing some guns. From Ar's to my 10/22 to my Springfield XD and XDM. Then the reload bug hit. So here is a question for you all. I just acquired a Rem 700sps in 308. Gonna shoot it as it is this year are start stacking up some parts, This is a working gun as i donot build safe queens. I am gonna put a Hogue stock and am looking to change the barrel to a 22-24 inch heavier barrel. What barrel makers and Missouri gunsmiths do you recommend.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Cant' help you on the gunsmith,but welcome to the forum it has a lot of knowledgeable people on here check back a few times on your thread i am sure someone will respond to your question

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
McGowen, Criterion and Shillen I've had really good luck with. I lean towards McGowen bc they have no problem with sending out a bored blank so everything is perfectly customizable.
Welcome to TFF.

·
Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training
7,893 Posts
Welcome aboard, from SC!

·
Premium Member
34,376 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Welcome man don't realy know of any real gun smiths here in mo sorry I can't help

·
Armed Infidel
1,470 Posts
Welcome spearfisher from NE Pennsylvania. I hope to get to St Louie maybe next year on one of my "BBQ Run" vacations. Get me some St Louie style ribs.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
In St Louis area there are a few gunsmiths listed but only a few do it full time and have a full machine shop. Many advertise as gunsmiths but are really armorist or just job the work out that requires proper equipment. Otto Batista from Ottocomp is in Lemay, Paul from Redbrick is in House Springs and there is myself "Helix" in Arnold. The choice is yours, we all can handle it and have experience in 700's.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
welcome to he forum. enjoy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts