The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from the mountains of Western North Carolina! After years of talking about it, I picked a pair of .22 rifles for the Mrs. and myself to play with, a new Ruger 10/22 and a new Marlin 60. At the time I bought them (just after Christmas) Dick's was having a very nice sale on both with an additional 10% off for veterans. I couldn't say no. I really need to work with them, Annie Oakley (the Mrs.) is embarrassing me at the ranges! I was also smart enough to pick up a few bricks of CCI SV and CCI mini mags at the same time. The local shops are telling me today that they're 6 to 8 weeks out before .22 ammo will flow more freely, I'm glad I stocked up.

I have a lot of reading to do here to catch up but I'll let you all know how we're progressing with the new hobby. Be careful out there.

·
Premium Member
34,364 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Welcome to the forum grandpa. You have plenty of good reading here no matter what you like to read. It's covered here one way or another.

·
Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training
7,963 Posts
Welcome aboard, from SC!

·
Banned
5,425 Posts
And a warm welcome from Idaho also - my daughter loves her 10/22

·
Armed Infidel
1,470 Posts
Welcome Grandpa from NE Pennsylvania. Where abouts in the mountains?? I have been visiting for past two summers and thinking of moving to Tyro NC area when I retire in about two years. Love that whole area from Winston-Salem down to Charlotte. Want to hit "The Madhouse" every saturday night LOL.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome to The Firearms Forum.

If you would, give us a review between these two, when you get the chance.
Thanks for the greetings, folks, and I will post a review of these two after I've gotten really used to them. I've already tried them with open sights and with a BSA Red Dot on each and am having fun with them. The Red Dot on the 10/22 is lethal, not so much on the 60 as the mount seems to have a hard time gripping tight. I'll keep at it, though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.