new guy

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

chevyiron
    (2/16/03 1:26:18 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All new guy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hi, im trying to figure this forum out. i have many old military rifles including four m95 steyr's. one 8x50r carbine, two 8x56's, and one 8x57. my current project is installing a 03 sprigfield barrel in one of the 8x56's, and chambering it for 7.62x54r.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/16/03 1:39:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: new guy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome Chevyiron! Lots of different folks on this board, and lots of different ways to approach things. I am a collector of old Curio & Relics (Mainly Spanish pistols) but dabble in a few other areas. I really never have messed with much sporterizing other than converting some botched jobs back to original military configuration. There are others around here that like to do that sporterizing kind of work. Stick around, someone is bound to comment!

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/16/03 1:40:01 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: new guy
    Hi Chevyiron......welcome to TFF.

Well, you've certainly come to the right place. We've got a whole bunch of old milsurp rifle collectors here.

Take a look around, cruise our other forums, put in your 2 cents where you'd like, and enjoy!

chevyiron
    (2/16/03 11:15:01 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del steyr 7.62x54r
    thanks for the welcome folks. i normaly dont get into the sporterizing either, but always wanted to make this conversion. this steyr is one of the ones that has been made up of parts, and im also contoring the barrel so i can put all the wood and sights back on, so i dont feel so bad about it