New Guy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Striker14376
    (12/23/02 7:31:54 pm)
    New Guy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello all you fine folks. My name is Kevin and I've been a lurker here for the past few months. I know no intimate knowledge of guns, but if you give me a list of guns, I can most likely tell you the country's origin, the caliber, and some other stuff. I am in the Air Force Delayed Enlistment Program(DEP-per). I am going to be in the security field. I plan to be leaving in January, but if I cannot, then April is my EAD. And when I'm done with training and get settled into a station, I hope to purchase many firearms. The unfortunate thing is I live in PRK, and all of you people know about our laws. Anyway, that's where all your knowledge comes into play. I'm only 18, and I have no idea if I have to be 21 to own a long gun. Can anybody help me with that? Thanks for your help. Happy Holidays too!

Sincerely,

Kevin/Striker

Edit*-I'm into military planes, ships, and vehicles also, so if you need some help with those things, I'd be happy to help.

Edited by: Striker14376 at: 12/23/02 7:37:44 pm

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/23/02 7:39:06 pm)
    Re: New Guy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    First, welcome to the board.

In regard to owning a long gun - as far as I know 18 is old enough (PRK may be a bit different). Handguns is 21 pretty much across the country.

Good luck in the military and may I be the first to welcome you to the field of gun collecting!

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/23/02 8:05:50 pm)
    Welcome, 18 is old enough in SD probably not in PRK though.
    Don't blame yourself or anyone else for your mistakes or the downfalls of the USA. BLAME PRESIDENT BUSH.

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/23/02 8:38:04 pm)
    Welcome Striker, jump in and join us and check out all the forums here.
    cointoss2

Different name
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/23/02 8:45:01 pm)
    WELCOME Striker 14376

Life at "THE FIREARMS FORUM TFF ---
    guarantees no one ever will wake up with
    flinching and wonderment related to GUNS and everything
    related thereto. TRUST US ---- JOIN IN NOW!
    Charlie D aka differentname

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/23/02 9:09:25 pm)
    Reply Re: New Guy
    Greetings and welcome Striker 14376. We are very pleased to have you join our group, and that you aspire to own good firearms which is your inherent right to possess.

Gunguy

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/23/02 9:13:12 pm)
    Welcome to the board. You only have to be 18 to own a rifle in Ca and also to POSSESS a handgun with your parent or Guardian's written consent..
    Life is not:easy, fair or cheap and sometimes bad things happen to good people..:)

308bolt
    (12/23/02 9:52:38 pm)
    It's good you're still young. You still have options. You can move out of The peoples Republic of kalifornicate and into the U.S. while you still have a chance. You can always talk your family into visiting you on the holidays. Snow builds character. (not always the character that we want but-----)Always Remember and never forget " Ammo will see you through times of no money better than money will see you through times of no ammo." Invest in guns and ammo they are a sure fire investment.(Pun may be intended)
    Luck to you in your new career,
    Steve

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (12/23/02 9:55:34 pm)
    Kevin, welcome to TFF.

berto64
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/23/02 10:40:41 pm)
    Stryker,
    Good ta meetcha!

berto

Endeaver to Persevere

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/23/02 11:11:23 pm)
    ....is airplanes good to eat?????

Inquiring minds wanna know.

WELCOME!! and thanks for your soon to be service to our country!!

LTS

pickenup
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/24/02 12:12:04 am)
    Welcome to the melee.

Striker14376
    (12/24/02 12:30:46 am)
    ezSupporter

Thank you all for all your warm welcomes. I love San Francisco so much that I'll probably be here for awhile. I am excited to own my first rifle(hopefully soon). Now if I can just convince my dad to let me own a handgun... I'm very excited to be part of this group. You all sound like a great bunch of folks. May you all have happy holidays.

Kevin

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/24/02 6:42:19 am)
    Striker 14376-

Welcome aboard.

I wish you luck in your enlistment into the U.S. Air Force. Here are a copule of tips that will help you throughout your career:

1. Rank has its privileges, but rank and respect are not synonymous;
    2. Obey your last command first.

I hope you fare well in your chosen field in the Air Force, and hope you are better at it than the security here was!!

Happy Holidays

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/24/02 8:30:55 am)
    Geez, Ruff......talk about gettin' your tail chewed!

Hi Kevin.....Welcome to TFF.

If you're a gun/plane/tank/ship guy, c'mon down to the Military Arms/Military History Forum. It's right up your alley!

ysacres
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/31/02 12:08:12 pm)
    Reply 14376
    Welcome 14376
    What long gun are you looking to own ?

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/31/02 12:23:07 pm)
    Reply Re: 14376
    Hi, Striker. Thought I welcomed you in one of our other threads, but just in case...Welcome again.

Gunguy

outdoorsman260
    (12/31/02 5:18:09 pm)
    Welcome to the forums.

I hear people under the age of 18 saying that they can't have a gun until they're 18.

Why not give your parents the $$ and have them do the paperwork. I went to the gun shop, ask the guy behind the counter to see a couple of guns, told the guy the one I wanted. Parents did the paperwork, and I walked out of the store carring my gun.
    blake.prohosting.com/~redneck4

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/31/02 5:34:48 pm)
    As long as you call it a gift. Ya gotta watch that "straw man" purchase stuff, ya know!

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/31/02 7:09:04 pm)
    Re: 14376
    It's only a Strawman transaction if the person the weapon is being purchased for is prohibited by law from possessing or owning it. In the case of minors that are the possessors of the weapon (long gun)with their parent or guardians written permission/consent, the minor must be
    under the supervision of a responsible adult, in the handgun scenario the minor(over 18 under 21 for this purpose) must be in the possession of a written consent from the parent or guardian or be an emancipated minor. Not too confusing: and then it changes by jurisdictions. A rule of thumb to buy and own guns/ammo. Rifles and rifle ammo 18, handguns and handgun ammo(and some interchangeable calibers) 21. Everybody have a HAPPY NEW YEAR
    Life is not:easy, fair or cheap and sometimes bad things happen to good people..:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.