NEW GUY.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rooter, Mar 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

Chances are whoever reads these lines can relate with what I'm trying to tell you---it's what I'm attempting to do here on this strange format with it's new colors and layout. I really feel insecure. With JD's urging and Hope's constant reminders about the guy who abandoned the ship and lucked out with a leaky lifeboat----why do you suppose she used the example? This is Wilborn, the old retired navy senior chief---the Seabee who still builds stuff, fixes plumbing, and talks about the days when he tought young troops about the scourage of nuclear, biological, and chemical warfare. I remember the feelings of insecurity checking into a new command--going to a new job---. Yup, that's kind'a how I feel here and now. Oh sure, once I get my sealegs, I'll just flap my trap unmercifully---ask JD, and Hope, and Gabby---run off at the face all the time---. I bid you all to have a nice weekend---I never hide my e-mail address or other ways to contact me---I'm always available for your remarks, questions, or rebuttals---. [email protected] Wilborn

2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporting Member

Hi Rooter. I was just over at your place snooping around. Looks the same as here. :lol

I'm having to get used to the new look also. But, lots of changes for the better.

Tac has done a great job and it will only get better.

3. Xracer

Xracer Guest

Hi Rooter....welcome to TFF.

Always room for another old Navy guy.

4. WyomingSwede

WyomingSwede Guest

Welcome rooter...come on in...the waters warm.

swede

5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Glendale, AZ. My daughter was born in Dr's Hospital in Phoenix, while we lived in Buckeye and I worked in Gila Bend. Gila Bend,,,,now there's a garden spot. :p Really enjoyed hunting bunnies and doves in the brush out there. And deer along the Rim. And javelina and rattlesnakes, and,,,, Oh, yeah. I miss that country, but kids and work are up here, now.

6. ysacres

ysacres Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

Welcome to TFF, Senior Chief of Staff of the VMBB

7. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

Hey ARMEDANDSAFE---you mentioned Gila Bend---one of my old friends who post over on VNMBB by the name of Berto, lived in Gila Bend---we both agreed it was kind of the armpit of creation--they raise and market freshwater shrimp out there now---really a booming business. It is really wild out there--sometimes when the folks sneak up from Mexico, they perish out there in that locale. If any of you were wondering about the ROOTER handle---I used to own and operate a drain cleaning service---made my fortune doing it--folks always would drift upwind of me---never would inquire as to what fragrance I was using---thanks to all of you for your gracious welcomes---JD told me it would be nice---yeah, I agree. Wilborn

8. warpig

warpig Guest

Hi rooter

nice to see you

9. Admin

Admin Well-Known Member Staff Member

Hiya Chief!:D

Good to see ya come join us!:D

Tac

10. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Guest

WELL-Well-well........:)

LTS

11. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Hello Wilborn, it's good to see you. I hope you enjoy your time here. We sure enjoy your company :D

12. Ms. Beast

Ms. Beast Guest

Welcome, Wilborn! Good to see you here.:D

13. ruffitt

ruffitt Guest

Hey Chief -

Glad to see ya made it over here. :cool: Knew ya had it in ya to pay us a visit. :)

Take care and come back and visit often. :D :D

Regards

14. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns Guest

Hello!

And Welcome rooter!!!...don't have my sealeg's here yet either...and when I do try to bust out...these here people's usually lock me back in my room...;)...

15. frosty

frosty Guest

hi chief

Hello and welcome to our forum it will please you to know that the members of this site are hard working Americans. Damn glad to meet you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.