New here

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by HalfBreed, Apr 10, 2009.

1. HalfBreed

HalfBreed New Member

I just found this site earlier and I must say it's a great one. Can anyone tell me about a Mossberg MII Plinkster Bantam? Just looking for something to get out and pop cans for awhile. To expensive to do with my or my wife's Ruger357 mag or my rifle. Trying to decide between the Marlin #60, Ruger 10/22 and am looking at this Mossberg. I can't find much on this 22 is it mostly a training rifle for young ones or what. I appreciate any info.

I've been reading articles here now for an hour or so, some great info available.

Thanks

2. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Can't help ya with the Mossberg...

but welcome to the forum

3. army mp

army mp Member

Well come to the form, you will find a wealth of information here, as well as meet some of the nicer people on line.
    I too can not help on the Mossberg, I do know there Bantam series is Mossbergs cheap version. I have had both the Marlin and ruger, both will last a life time. Both shoot well and are well made.

4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Welcome to TFF, HalfBreed. I have both the Marlin Model 60 and a Ruger 10/22. I really can't tell you which one might be better, I like them both. I think I would recommend the 10/22 because you can fairly quickly change it to a .17Mach2 with a barrel and bolt handle change and have a complete different rifle.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  5. HalfBreed

HalfBreed New Member

Thanks for the welcome, I'll probably end up with the 10/22 just because there are so many extra's, (yep i know why spend the extra cash, I just like to tinker, just like with my rides) I did look at a 10/22 today that was Black on a Black stock for $268.00 Seems to be about the neighborhood of the Ruger and I saw the Marlin model 60 @ Wally world tonight for like $176.00 the price difference makes it hard especially since I've read so much good about the #60. I've told my wife that I wanted one of these rifles and now she ask me just about every day when I'm going to get one. I'm just really picky about my weapons because when I buy one I keep it forever. I'm 52 and still have the first Daisy BB gun that was given to meat age 11 if that gives you any indication of how long I keep my guns. Oh well I will wake up one evening and decide, but half the fun is looking at the differant weapons while trying to decide.

PS. didn't know that about the change for the 10/22.

6. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Welcome from this side of the pond halfbreed.

While I cant comment on the specific model, like most shooters I have had a few Mossbergs over the years, and they have all been great.

7. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Welcome to the forum. Sorry I cant help on the Mossy. Do a forum search on it and I am sure what you are looking for will pop up on here. I have a Henry Goldenboy and a Western Field that is identical to the Marlin 49. The Western Field is a good shooter as is the Henry. I like the Henry the best of the 2.

8. HalfBreed

HalfBreed New Member

Thanks for the kind welcome. I've done a couple of searchs and the ruger and the marlin have good and bad same as the mossberg. I'll probably make up my mind when I see the one that strikes my fancy, but I do so enjoy looking. Wife says go ahead and buy a new one which is not bad idea but not near the fun of looking at all the used ones. Once again thanks for the warm welcome and the info.

9. fr3db3ar

fr3db3ar New Member

Welcome, I'm kinda new too :)

10. WomenofCaliber

WomenofCaliber New Member

Hello and welcome to the forum! Glad to have you!