The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First a big THANK YOU to Double D and Wolleyworm for their generosity in this give away. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I am humbled by the quality of persons that run this forum, and believe me I do not take them for granted.

Sooo here goes. I received the pistol this week and decided to give her a go today. It's the Heritage Rough Rider 6 1/2" .22 LR/Mag conversion. The fit and finish were surprisingly nice, and to my delight it had a very good trigger! The longer barrel gave a nice sight plane and shooting it was a lot of fun. Swapping out the cylinders took seconds and required no tools (big thumbs up on that!) I was able to hit my 10" steel plate at 25 yards most every time seated, and here's a video of that. As to targets I've posted; the first is 12 rounds long rifle and the second is 6 rounds 22 mag. I used cheap ammo and had no malfunctions of any kind. The little rough rider seems to give a pretty solid thump on the rim of the bullets. Group size was about 4-5", and is not indicative of what I am sure the pistol is capable of.

In AZ this week we have been a tad chilly, so it was a brisk 40 degrees when I started, and maybe got up to 50 by the time I was done. I shot mostly at 25 yards; some rested, all seated and at paper or steel targets. The paper targets were placed horizontally; the steel targets were 10" and 5". All told I ran about 150 rounds of 22lr and maybe 30 22mag.

Once again a big thanks to all involved in the give aways. I'm truly delighted in the pistol.:):):)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Great report on your new "giveaway" revolver. Not bad shooting using your weak hand:lmao2:. Nice video and it really adds nicely to a range report. I have to learn how to do that, probably be easier if I had a video camera:rolleyes:. The snow melted here last week and just left mud so being the big sissy I am I have stayed home. Super range report and yea, ain't this a great forum.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the kind replies.

Todd I just used my cell phone for the video- I held the phone in my right hand while I used the correct hand to shoot with:D:D It does take some practice, but who says you need to post the first attempt?:)

·
Registered
425 Posts
garydude-

Congrats on winning !! those groups look very similar to what I get with my two Ruger Single-Six's, the single actions for me are a little tougher to 'shoot well' ...but being .22 RF ....it's alot of fun to send lead downrange!!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Nice range report Garydude. For a minute there I thought I was seeing and reading one of Todd51's range reports. Nice job, and nice shooting!

Congrats again on your win.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
That is a great little gun.....enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
13,000 Posts
While I have given several guns away over the years, this one was provided by Shooter45 and TFF. I supplied it and shipped it. Wolley supplied the ammo. Just wanted to clarify so I didnt continue to get the credit for this one.....Gary, thanks for getting us a range report out so quickly and we are glad you like the gun...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I know I like my Rough Rider. They're fun little guns. Not quite the quality of a Ruger, but half the price.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good job reporting...............Whether its Red Ryder or Rough Rider an no matter what is your age, shooting a few targets is always fun an relaxing.
Congrats on your new convertible........Redworm.............

·
Registered
52 Posts
i had been toying with one of these for my grandsons SASS setup , this thread provided the incentive and i finally tracked one down first of the week , what a nice little revolver for the money

1 - 12 of 12 Posts