The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don’t think I would want one but coming in the first quarter of 2021 is this unique 50 round handgun chambered in 5.7 x 28mm. It will ship with two 50 round magazines and I can see the possibilities for many aftermarket accessories.

P50 - KelTec

·
DEPLORABLE member
1,975 Posts
As much as I like Kel-tec, w/a msrp of $995 & chambered in a caliber as easy to find as hen's teeth?

I'll pass.

(I'm still looking for a cheap PMR-30!)

S*R

·
GUNZILLA
6,464 Posts
Read an article several days ago on a gun magazine, it seems to use a magazine similar to the American tactical FN PS90. I hope Keltec learned from them and the issues that magazine had, with failures to feed where the round did not fully turn or cycle to load into the firearm. I find the gun to be very furturistic in style kind of reminds me of the Beretta NEO 22 handgun.

Reactions: SafetyFirst

·
Registered
10 Posts
OP, first, that's a great handle ... Safety First. Nice reminder.
Second, I hope you enjoy your purchase. The anticipation will be part of the new gun buzz ;) I hear the cartridge is kind of finicky to reload for, unless you have a source for factory ammo. Regardless, shoot it like you stole it and report back how you like it. I'd be interested in hearing about it.

-jb, have fun, Safety First

·
Super Moderator
40,074 Posts
That thing is downright ugly. I already have two guns that shoot 5.7X28 and if I didn't, I don't think I would spend any money on that thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
But HE did. And I'll bet he's (currently) glad he did. I'm new to the forum, but not new to forums. Somebody's excited about their purchase maybe isn't looking to be told they made a mistake in taste. [shrug]

I posted a glowing, happy review about a NMBK on an almost ghost town rxxxx.cxm forum, and was ridiculed with a sarcastic reply. No wonder it was a ghost town no traffic site.

I'm a new member here, but I'd just say to him "ya pays your money and takes ya chances." Far be it from me to denigrate another's choice when s/he wasn't asking for opinions, just reporting the purchase. If the follow up post is "uh-oh, what a POS, it doesn't function, it melted in my hands" or some such ... eh, maybe pile on then. I'm lust thinking feed a new guy some valuable information and suggestions rather than "you made a bad purchase 'cuz it's ugly to me."

-jb, trying to get along

·
Super Moderator
40,074 Posts
I don't see where anyone said that they had bought one! The OP says, and I quote: "I don't think I would want one, but coming in the first quarter of 2021" . . . . . .

·
Registered
10 Posts
OK, I buy that. I didn't see a specific request for opinions. But you're correct, he DIDN'T say he bought. Mea Culpa :oops:

SafetyFirst: You've gotten a lot of input. Spend as you wish.

-jb, more accurate 🤝

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
OK, I buy that. I didn't see a specific request for opinions. But you're correct, he DIDN'T say he bought. Mea Culpa :oops:

SafetyFirst: You've gotten a lot of input. Spend as you wish.

-jb, more accurate 🤝
This forum is generally polite and helpful. It is however not a Tball everybody gets a trophy place. You see some good natured ribbing about your Glock or 1911s are junk or that Chevy...... There is also a great deal of knowledge here and if someone has a question about a gun they will hear the good the bad and the ugly. That fella didn’t buy anything. If Kel Tec is true to form that gun will not be available for quite some time. I would also be hesitant to be the first in line on a new offering from them. They are usually in short supply with some unbelievable scalping for a year or two and often as not they have some serious teething issues,
Welcome to the forum;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I get it. No harm intended, no offense taken (y)
I've actually owned Kel Tecs, never particularly proud of them. Remeber the Kel Tec P3AT? :sick: I misread the OP and thought I saw his purchase was due in the 1st quarter. He just seemed pretty revved up about it.

Be well

-jb

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
It sounds interesting, but I'm pretty sure I won't buy one. The interesting part for me is the barrel length. They'll get a little more 'zoom' out of that cartridge than the other 5.7 pistols out there.

·
Super Moderator
40,074 Posts
I wonder if the PS90 magazines will fit that thing, they sure look alike. Looks like they fit into the gun opposite from the PS90 and the AR57, as in the feed lips pointing UP instead of down.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
I wonder if the PS90 magazines will fit that thing, they sure look alike. Looks like they fit into the gun opposite from the PS90 and the AR57, as in the feed lips pointing UP instead of down.
That's right. They're upside down in the P50, but otherwise it's the same magazine.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
As per some of the above comments, I did not purchase a P50 and it is not a gun I would be interested in. I just started this discussion to inform everyone about this new release from KelTec.
I had a friend text me a link to the article on the announcement date of the P50. He knows that I am interested in the more rare and higher velocity pistol calibers. It's good to know what's out there, so thanks for sharing! I'd still like a 5.7 offering for the safe one day. :)

·
DEPLORABLE member
1,975 Posts
I had a friend text me a link to the article on the announcement date of the P50. He knows that I am interested in the more rare and higher velocity pistol calibers. It's good to know what's out there, so thanks for sharing! I'd still like a 5.7 offering for the safe one day. :)
Good to see you posting again Pony! 👍

S*R

Reactions: ponycar17
1 - 18 of 18 Posts