New M38s....

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/25/02 12:34:23 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All New M38s....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm just thinking....

Since those new 38s, and those new 91/30s are on the market now...

Do you think shortly we may be seeing some more cheaper VG ones too? Or is this just a one shot deal...

I missed out on the $75 "shooter" 38s, and 91/59s for that matter.....and I could kick myself....
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Moskovskyya
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/25/02 12:55:42 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: New M38s....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think the've got millions, The sales here in the us of the greasy busted up junkers has been brisk for a while. I think they have realized that they can spend $7.39 on a "rearsenal" somewhere in a poor neighborhood in an ex soviet state and get 4 times the sale price. The Russians are learning capitalism very fast. I suspect the $129 currently will drop off to around a hundred and last for a while.

polishshooter
    (1/25/02 3:12:02 pm)
    You and I think alike, Mosko....

What's that old saying?

"The true test of a man's intelligence is how much he agrees with you..."

Anyway, I tried to get SOG to make me a deal on some M44 "parts guns" a while back, and the best I could do was $32 each if I bought 10, and the guy said that was REAL close to what they paid for them...

SO I figure they pay Century or IAC or Interordinance about $25-$30 each in bulk, all grades, the good with the bad...they sort them out and grade them, sell the good ones first, or alone, at the biggest MU.

And Century, IAC, et al, made a substantial profit at THAT point...so even with shipping, import fees, finders fees, a little payola under some formerly Communist table, they still are at LEAST doubling their money...I'm not sure if your $7 price each is that far off the mark, when they buy tens of thousands at a time...
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Bob In St Louis
    (1/26/02 7:22:25 am)
    From what I understand, they bid a per unit rate (say $7.50) for each rifle in an arsenal lot. This will range from trash to treasures. Then, all of it gets stacked like cord wood in metal overseas shipping crates, and what was a nice rifle at one time will often not be so nice when it gets here. There has been several times I have gotten rifles with a nice overall brown rust dust on it - long exposure to salt water air.

I agree - there probably will be more of these 91/30s and 1938s in slightly lesser condition hitting the market in the near future for $89 each.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

polishshooter
    (1/26/02 7:12:25 pm)
    Salt Water Patina? WOW...I gotta try some of that...