The Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this forum and my name is Daryl. I am looking forward to getting a lot of information from this forum. I am 75, retired and anxious to have some fun with my family. My wife loves to shoot with me so I have a pass to shoot anytime.
I own a few firearms and used to hunt when i was a youngster but now I am to old and decrepit to engage in a hunt today. I do however enjoy my guns and fire them as much as I can at the range. This has led me to start gathering reloading equipment/supplies and preparing a space to start reloading for my 45's and 357 bullets. I don't know if I will save any money by reloading but I will enjoy the effort.
I have a lot to learn from this forum, it's people and lots of reloading specs in some manuals. I hope to contribute to the forum and continue to support and defend our rights to bear firearms.
I have bought many guns in my life but was also fortunate to receive my father's guns when he passed. i will give my son, grandson and great-grandsons(if I'm lucky) my arsenal when I pass.
Anyway, I need a lot's of good info on reloading so be patient. I believe this forum is a jackpot of info for me and the eagerness that people exhibit to help is evident. God Bless to all and lets keep on shooting.. Daryl Simmons

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Hello, I am new to this forum and my name is Daryl. I am looking forward to getting a lot of information from this forum. I am 75, retired and anxious to have some fun with my family. My wife loves to shoot with me so I have a pass to shoot anytime.
I own a few firearms and used to hunt when i was a youngster but now I am to old and decrepit to engage in a hunt today. I do however enjoy my guns and fire them as much as I can at the range. This has led me to start gathering reloading equipment/supplies and preparing a space to start reloading for my 45's and 357 bullets. I don't know if I will save any money by reloading but I will enjoy the effort.
I have a lot to learn from this forum, it's people and lots of reloading specs in some manuals. I hope to contribute to the forum and continue to support and defend our rights to bear firearms.
I have bought many guns in my life but was also fortunate to receive my father's guns when he passed. i will give my son, grandson and great-grandsons(if I'm lucky) my arsenal when I pass.
Anyway, I need a lot's of good info on reloading so be patient. I believe this forum is a jackpot of info for me and the eagerness that people exhibit to help is evident. God Bless to all and lets keep on shooting.. Daryl Simmons
Hello DarlysDogs and welcome to TFF from San Antonio, Texas. Retired!; Good. No more hunting but range time; Good. Wife along; Good. Re-loading is not so much about saving money as it is learning about different loads and how to make a "petload" for your weapon(s) that shoot better than commercial loads. If you happen to save $ in the process well then all the better. Passing guns along to the next generation is one of the best parts of being a father or grandfather. Yes, there is a lot of information on TFF some of which is bound to suit your needs or curiosity. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
IMG_20190408_1954195_rewind.jpg Welcome from New York State !! I can relate to you, as I am in my 70's and no longer hunt. But I enjoy guns, shooting with my son and grandson, and have started reloading the last couple of years. Enjoy the forum. I sure do...

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Welcome Daryl...Always pleased to see more of us Mature folks involved in the shooting sports and in re-loading...I re-load to shoot and shoot to re-load...closed cycle, I even have a few grands who enjoy loading their rounds and emptying them at the range. You may not save any money with your loads, but you will certainly enjoy more time on the range. Some of us recall the drought caused by the first Obama election, any ammunition was NON available, even had to go way afar to find primers, and then only 100 at a time...

I can remember my 70's, think I can still remember some things that occurred in my 60's...Glad to have you with us.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania!
th-1.jpg

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Caddo Lake (2).jpg

My mother was a Simmons. Don't know anything about this side of the family. Her dad was Arthur Simmons. Died and buried in Shreveport, LA.

·
TFF Chaplain
20,813 Posts
Anyway, I need a lot's of good info on reloading so be patient. I believe this forum is a jackpot of info for me and the eagerness that people exhibit to help is evident.
Around here, when it comes to reloading and a lot of other subjects, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. Everyone had to start somewhere with zero knowledge, and we are more than happy to help a new reloader get started and keep going.

Welcome to TFF from the UK!!

upload_2019-10-17_18-34-43.jpeg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.