The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to find this forum. I found it when looking for info about my .45cal Jukar long rifle. I picked it up at a yardsale years ago. Now that I am retired I want to repair and learn to fire it. I grew up with guns with my dad, we et game as our primary meat source. After the US Army, marriage, college, and career I dirifted away from gun use. My mother sold all dad's guns when he died without including me. I really love now living in Kentucky and woodworking. So anyway, HOWDY Y'ALL.

·
Premium Member
34,535 Posts
Caddo-Lake.jpg

·
*VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*
25,937 Posts
Greetings Lester...you and I have wood working in common but just not interested and
associated with guns...Reading what the troops talk about and aiding each other in the
skills of dealing with repairs and modifications...My wood working has been part of my
life every since retiring from the job market about 20 years ago...had I of known I how much I would have enjoyed it, I'd have made it my sole job...Army, you said...I am a retired Navy
Seabee...since 1971 so that pretty much tags my age of almost 84..I welcomed someone from
Kentucky while back and told him of my good friend from Paduka...Stu was a blaster and nitro-hauler...nervous little guy...bit his fingernails a lot...even when we worked on stopped up
toilets...I was a plumber in the navy for a while....you'll like it here...Chief

·
Registered
Pensacola Florida
3,636 Posts
Greetings Lester...you and I have wood working in common but just not interested and
associated with guns...Reading what the troops talk about and aiding each other in the
skills of dealing with repairs and modifications...My wood working has been part of my
life every since retiring from the job market about 20 years ago...had I of known I how much I would have enjoyed it, I'd have made it my sole job...Army, you said...I am a retired Navy
Seabee...since 1971 so that pretty much tags my age of almost 84..I welcomed someone from
Kentucky while back and told him of my good friend from Paduka...Stu was a blaster and nitro-hauler...nervous little guy...bit his fingernails a lot...even when we worked on stopped up
toilets...I was a plumber in the navy for a while....you'll like it here...Chief
Welcome Lester, from Florida, the Sunshine state. Like Rooter I enjoy woodworking and also have a friend from Paducah Ky. Actually he is more than a friend, he is my youngest son. Hope you enjoy the Firearms Forum:)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts