The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I just joined the forum. My name is Mike Fisher and I've lived in Indianapolis, Indiana most of my life which is where I'm located now. I've also spent time in Lakeland, and southern California in addition to traveling most of the United States at one time or another. I've been a fisherman all of my life, so real gun ownership is new to me.

I just inherited my Grandpa's Iver Johnson pistol, so I joined the forum and will be searching for more information about what I have. I am glad to have found the forum. I have fired pistols, shotguns and rifles, but I have never owned one. I don't really plan on shooting this gun, but do plan on purchasing a modern weapon soon.

·
Super Moderator
41,332 Posts
Welcome to The Firearms Forum, Mike. You have come to the right place to get information on just about any gun ever made. You need to read the sticky posts at the top of the "what's it worth" forum and follow the basic instructions about posting pictures of all the marking.

·
*VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*
26,120 Posts
Welcome Mike....you've picked a 'winner' as far as gun information goes...these men jump on a gun question posed like a duck on a June-Bug...you'll be impressed, and you may head long at a rapid pace into the world of guns and ammo...they are wonderful troopers...Chief

·
Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training
7,523 Posts
Welcome aboard, Mike, from SC!

Reactions: Mike Fisher

·
Premium Member
13,464 Posts
Welcome Mike! I had a Great Aunt & Great Uncle who spent most of their lives in Indy. Always enjoyed visiting them. For a little boy from a town of almost 1,300 souls Indy sure looked big!!!!!. Goodness, they've been gone for a long time. Lots of history in Indiana.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Welcome aboard Mike!

·
TFF Chaplain
20,400 Posts
Welcome, Mike, from an ex-pat Indianapolis citizen who now lives in the UK.

You've found the right place. When you get around to looking for a newer, more modern gun, you can ask here about what to get. You'll find lots of great advice. And probably spark a good discussion.

·
Premium Member
19,860 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Mike. I joined this forum a few years ago for the very same reason. My wife inherited her grandfather's Iver Johnson and I wanted to know something about it. There are guys here that can tell you all about that gun.

I have been here ever since. Some real nice folks here.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Western, NY. Hope you find the info. On the old gun and get some great tips for buying a new first gun.

·
Premium Member
7,580 Posts
Welcome to TFF from Northern CA

1 - 18 of 18 Posts