The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Keltec ,S&W, Taurus, AMT, Ruger, Browning, Diamondback.....
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just joined, still learning to navigate. Forgive me if I don't know the proper forms and such. I am looking for advice about my Diamondback Sidekick. I bought it Tuesday, it is a 9 shot 22cal. single/double action wheelgun that comes with 22lr and 22wmr cylinders. I ran a few 22mag rounds Wednesday, and I like it. I called Diamondback in Cocoa Beach Florida, but they were not able to advise a good speedloader for this weapon. I hope someone out there can supply an INFORMED opinion on this question. I also would like to find a speedloader and maybe extended mags for my Keltec P17. I called Keltec, also in Cocoa Beach, but they offer none.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I could be absolutely wrong but Ive never encountered a speed loader for 22RF..Ive got a small drawer full of HKS for everything .38spl-357,.44spl-44maggie,45Colt but never seen any for RF..It would seem to me the manner in which these 'twist to lock and drop' type would prove dangerous in RF ammo... Other types I have are the 'Speed Strips' rubber inline loaders that are safer but not as fast, but may or may not be produced...maybe because of th small narrow chambers..Maybe someone else can help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This may work. HKS 22-HR
Thanks, G Dub I saw plenty HKS 22-HR on Ebay, the HKS charts do not list my pistol, being too new. One source showed the "22-HR" as "non jiggle", I saw one listing as HKS "22-M" as "jiggle" which I hoped had a better chance of working with the unknown, but alas, I see none available. If I cannot find anything definitive, I will probable order the one you suggest. I DO appreciate your input.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I received the 4 HKS brand 22-HR speedloaders today. I learned that .22lr and .22MAG have different cartridge diameter. I decided that since I had not found any 9 shot MAG loaders, that it was time to take a chance. I dismantled the .22lr loaders and first using a 19/64 drillbit, then a 5/16th, drilled out the 9 hole body. I also filed a little on the holder plate. A lot of back and forth ,file here then there, I transformed 3 of the 4 to MAG, leaving one as LR. the attached pic (sorry I could not flip it) shows the difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I thought the " Mothers of Invention" were Frank Zappa's band. Didja notice the custom gun case? I had sent away to 'ROCKLER' woodworking supplier for a 3 sheets of foam, 2 1/4" x 24" x 48". Also use a "hot wire" foam cutter.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm wondering how that revolver would look next to my other ones.
I've recently come to appreciate 22's more with the rising inflation.
Unfortunately what I haven't spent on ammo I've spent on new handguns............sheesh.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Browning Buckmark, PMR30, P17, Ruger II, Diamondback Sidekick, and a second P17 on order you might say I have learned to love rimfire. I keep a suitcase full of ammo, all CCI. .22 is cheap enough so I can go to the range every week without selling another kidney. And like you said, what I have saved on ammo I have spent on new weapons. My girlfriend is currently searching for a 12 step program for treatment for my compulsion.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts