1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
extractor.jpg
g7.jpg
g1.jpg
g4.jpg g2.jpg Hello all I'm looking forward to getting a bit of help with identification and possibly a parts source to try.
What I need is an extractor, It should look a bit like the sketch. Action looks much like a Fabrique Nationale Model 1912, in fact will fit into a model 1912 stock, this one has a different extractor, different trigger and different bolt/hammer.
Hammer resembles a Husqvarna Sakarat Mod 55, but this has no side safety like the Sakarat
Thanks much!

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Welcome from Oregon!

Post a thread in the technical questions forum, post pictures of the guns so we have a better idea of what we are discussing and I'm sure someone can help you out probably best if you only do one gun per new thread, saves confusion that way. :)

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
It's a Husqvarna, but it's a "parlor" version without a safety. Sakarat in Swede is "Safe". On the back side of the safety they say Avest? Loosely translated means "Intend", as intend to fire. I've checked all the sources I know of, and no luck finding any parts.
Do you have the old extractor or the pieces?
I would think one of a dozen or so "Sakarat" models would most likely use the same part.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a Husqvarna, but it's a "parlor" version without a safety. Sakarat in Swede is "Safe". On the back side of the safety they say Avest? Loosely translated means "Intend", as intend to fire. I've checked all the sources I know of, and no luck finding any parts.
Do you have the old extractor or the pieces?
I would think one of a dozen or so "Sakarat" models would most likely use the same part.
Hugh thanks for your info I’ll do more searching!
Les

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
In the link Webbers posted, scroll down to Miniature Rifles. Models 8 through 23 were Flobert, Warnant, or scaled down Remington actions. Models 55 through 365 is what we call a Sakarat. After 365, they were Sakarat repeaters. There were a couple of models that were chambered in 9mm shot. They had a lever handle on the right side of the receiver that worked a case extractor.
Yours is marked Model 1, and 1-7 aren't listed. That's about the same luck I've had trying to find some more info for you. It's like they didn't exist. Years back I repaired a stock on one, and shot it some before returning it to the owner. Shooting it was a mistake, because then I had to have one. Researching them, I ran across a Swede shooting club blog, and a guy there had extensive knowledge on all the models. Unfortunately, the link is dead, and the website no longer exists. I have a list of gun parts places with obscure parts, and the only ones that list any Husqvarna parts, are for the Mauser action center fires.
You might try Dave at Hoosier Gunworks, he has a warehouse full of stuff that isn't listed on his site. http://www.hoosiergunworks.com/contact_us.html

·
Registered
21 Posts
My guess is that "sakarat" is the Swedish word "säkrat" which means "safe".
Sakarat is a non existing word in Swedish.
Can we maybe have a picture; Please.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
My guess is that "sakarat" is the Swedish word "säkrat" which means "safe".
Sakarat is a non existing word in Swedish.
Can we maybe have a picture; Please.
I don’t have a sakarat, (or säkrat) my rifle has no safety at all, certainly not the side safety
the säkrat rifles have, also it is stamped Mod. 1 and the records I find start at Mod 7,
so this one with a 3 digit serial number and Mod 1 stamp appears to be older. I'll add one more pic to the top of this thread showing the groove in the receiver to fit an extractor which I'm looking for one of or at lease a picture of one so I can make one. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts