Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

bd74
    (1/12/03 2:40:52 pm)
    Reply new member
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    whats up everyone,
    just wanted to say hi to all the members of tff and drop a little info about myself. Well to begin with i am TACs younger brother,i am a ww2/korea/veit nam collector/historian. i look foward to getting to know everyone AND MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/12/03 2:55:31 pm)
    Reply Re: new member
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh my God! Hope yer not as ugly as he is!

Welcome to the forums!

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/12/03 3:23:03 pm)
    Reply Welcome!
    and smell better!...

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/12/03 3:34:20 pm)
    Reply | Edit Re: Welcome!
    Welcome, bd74! Any relative of Tac must be good people.

I am a bit of a collector myself, not only with firearms, but with other items as well (propaganda posters, medals, etc.). In fact, I recently acquired a couple of WWII Russian medals that I have some questions about. You wouldn't happen to be an expert in that arena, would you?
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

ysacres
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/12/03 3:41:44 pm)
    Reply Re: Welcome!
    Welcome to TFF bd74

I hope you two don't act like Warpig833 and SDhunter
    Firearms got me poofed @ da X

Edited by: ysacres at: 1/12/03 3:44:58 pm

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/12/03 3:42:28 pm)
    Re: Welcome!
    Welcomebd74, and I hear you got all the good looks in the family!
    cointoss2

outdoorsman260
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/12/03 4:07:45 pm)
    Reply Re: Welcome!
    Welcome bd74
    blake.prohosting.com/~redneck4

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/12/03 4:24:08 pm)
    Welcome to the Nuthouse!

So, is it true about Tac? You know, that thing about the two things?

WyomingSwede
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/12/03 4:27:00 pm)
    Welcome aboard sir....and by the way, dont be afraid to dish out any dirt on Tac...whats family history is new to us.

swede
    Wyoming Swede

berto64
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/12/03 4:50:34 pm)
    Re: new member
    bd74,
    Welcome!!
    To air dirty laundry, just PM me and I'll see that it gets distributed!

berto

Endeaver to Persevere

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/12/03 5:00:35 pm)
    Welcome bd74, Nice to have you aboard.

Hey, Bin Laden, our women can kick you butt!

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/12/03 5:46:39 pm)
    yep, Howdy

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

ZiggedandZagged@aol.com

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/12/03 6:03:40 pm)
    Hey - is it true TAC is a Russian Cosmonaut operating the big board from the Space Station in orbit via ComSat downlink? Is that how he is running that video track image on NeoDebo being broadcast on the big screen in the lunch room? He also told us that youse guy's mother was Princess Anastasia.

We also want to see a picture of that third eye in the middle of your forehead he told us about!

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/12/03 6:08:03 pm)
    Hi bd74.....welcome to TFF (even if you are related to Tac).

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/12/03 6:21:27 pm)
    Welcome aboard a great place bd74. Do you also reside in the frozen Northeast? teehee
    "Life is not:easy, fair or cheap... sometimes bad things happen to good people"

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/12/03 6:59:34 pm)
    Who you trying to kid?????? Magnuman!!! We see that turd colored truck by the alley..........

LTS

bd74
    (1/12/03 8:45:19 pm)
    Reply russian medals
    hey sniper1952,
    well let me first say pleasure to meet you,as far as the medals i myself dont know to much on that, but the guy i learn from is a master on all military history,if you let me know what ya got i would be honored to help you .if you like i can be reached at WHOOoo25@hotmail.com.

"for it is the doom of everyman that he forgets"

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/12/03 8:59:13 pm)
    Reply Re: russian medals
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................

Wasn't aware the world was ready for two of you!!!!!

Welcome, anyway! Do you guys argue as much as me and my brother?
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/12/03 10:59:41 pm)
    Reply Re: russian medals
    bd74, a very gentlemanly welcome to you, sir. Unlike these other uncouth slobvobians I wish you good times at TFF...and please don't forget to send me your dues via email payolla kick-back.

Pleasure to see ya here, sir.

Gunguy

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/12/03 11:02:57 pm)
    Yes berto will make sure any dirty laundry gets aired!

Welcome and it's good of you to visit and join!

I feel sorry for you though having Tac as an older brother...

pickenup
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/13/03 12:11:38 am)
    Welcome; jump right into the melee.

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/13/03 8:17:31 am)
    Reply | Edit Re: new member
    bd74, thanks for the reply. I should correct myself... they are not medals. I guess you would call them badges or insignias or something. One is a Russian hat pin, one is a Russian tanker badge, and one is a Russian paratrooper badge. They are all lightweight metal, I assume aluminum.

They were passed to me by my brother's mother-in-law, who is from Germany. She says they were passed to her from her uncle who fought on the German side against the Russians in WWII. They were picked up off the battlefield (I presume they were taken off of dead Russian soldiers). I will attempt to get the "full story" from her. Anyway, I am interested in finding out about the markings on the back of them... they have a maker's stamp that looks like a rising sun (Japanese manufacture????). I don't know anything about the history of where these were produced or what they mean etc. I also have some questions on a Nazi Afrikakorps pin that I picked up.

I will attempt to get some pictures of them tonight and email you with descriptions, pics, etc. Thanks again for your offer to steer me to the right person.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (1/13/03 7:48:25 pm)
    Welcome Aboard Bro!

Glad ya finally made it!

Stick around when ya got time, you'll fit right in
    with us Miscreants!

Thanks for all the wonderful compliments folks,
    remind me to send ya's a bonus next week of
    Bob's braided butt-loc hairs!

Tac
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/13/03 8:02:04 pm)
    Reply Not again!!!...
    This time wash em' out...a'fore sendin dem...braids out!...Wheeeeewwww!...

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/13/03 8:55:24 pm)
    Reply Re: Not again!!!...
    Oh no! I ain't turnin my back on him again! Last time he yanked half of them out by the roots.

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/13/03 9:01:19 pm)
    Reply Hmmm...
    Bob...I'll bet he told ya he was usin tweezers too!...gotta watch dem admin guys!....

ysacres
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/13/03 9:16:28 pm)
    Ya.......be careful Tac, I cant use roots in fly tie'n
    Firearms got me poofed @ da X

twins
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/14/03 12:35:20 am)
    Welcome aboard.

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/14/03 9:57:09 am)
    Yar an U B from da samo hood as Tic Taky?? Geez the place anit gonna be big enuff, but lemme take ya "down" to da pumphouse fer da 1st drink....on U! whatcha tink IB byin?? U craze

he aint heve faddr, he B ma brudder........

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/14/03 11:12:50 am)
    Reply | Edit Re: new member
    bd74, I sent you an email with pics/info on the items I described earlier. Thanks in advance for any help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.