The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All! I picked up a Colt Combat Commander today. I wont discuss the price because I am still a bit nauseated. After I got it home, in the bottom of the box under the brown paper, I found the original owners receipt. The original price of the gun was $121.50. He got a police discount of $9.38. He traded in another commander and got $80.12 credit. He walked out with this gun, after tax.........$33.60. There was also a copy of his warranty card. (I blocked out his name for obvious reasons). He was 34 when he bought this gun in 1972. He is now 75. At any rate, I did a property search on his name and found he lives less than a mile from me. This gun is pristine. I am sure it has been shot but not much. No holster wear at all. I am seriously considering making contact with him.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,979 Posts
I love commanders and I think its great to have the origin of the gun. I would go check and see if the original owner is still alive and living in your area just for the heck of it, he would probably appreciate it. Dont forget the range report...looks like a new everyday carry to me....

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I love commanders and I think its great to have the origin of the gun. I would go check and see if the original owner is still alive and living in your area just for the heck of it, he would probably appreciate it. Dont forget the range report...looks like a new everyday carry to me....
Oh hell yeah, thats a no brainer. AWESOME........

·
Registered
357 Posts
That's an great find and even better opportunity to know the history of your firearm. I can't wait to find my chance like that. CONGRATS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.