The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today started on another old pump gun. Thought I was going to make one out of two but they are just different enough that magazines are different. They are Sears pump 12g. One is a m20 the other is m21.
I dropped the guts out of the 21 and removed stock and magazine/ pump assembly. Just for grins put it on scale, 4.5 Lbs. wish I had thought to weigh it intact.
Gun is grungy with little blue left. Soft stainless wheel not getting it. I guess I will have to use the approved buffing wheel. I’m going to put it to the saw. It’s going to loose a pound of barrel and poly choke. Wood turned out nice. Got it stripped and will do a little sanding before finish. Will have 19.5” barrel because of post on vent rib.
Hi Standard made these for Sears, they make good slug guns cut down and fitted with sights. The solid frame aided accuracy. They are solid steel for sure. Got about 10 days to build a pile of guns for Trade Days.
Bottle Barware Building Wood Alcoholic beverage

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice project. Never seen one before. By the way let me know if you ever run short on screwdrivers. ;)
Sears pump shotguns are common around this area. They were well made and cost about half of the major brands. Only draw back is the weight. High Standard sold them under their own label too. I think Flite King was pumps and Supermatic was the Auto.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I have a couple High Standard Riot Pumps. They are among my best. One, a K1200-7 is so smooth, the action/forearm will retract if the firearm is stood upright. (SMOOTH....................😁) I believe it is my favorite Riot Pump. 👍

May post a photo in the am, when my "Service," miraculously improves for a few hours. "Terrain Related," My Butt. 😬

I currently can not get your photo to load to my Tablet. I can catch a glimpse alongside your post on the main page.

I will take a look in the am.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Patient survived the amputation. I cut barrel off by hand. My garage is packed with stuff from shop and Chop Saw is buried. Now to commence cleaning it up. I’m lucky that guy who bought my big buffer and wood lathe hasn’t got out here to haul them. In fact I’m going to devote couple days to buffing while I still have it. I’ve got 5 other guns that will need cleaned up. Next on docket is a H&R 22 revolver, extra grungy. I’m not sure if I can get away with using it not anchored to the floor. It ain’t what you call state of the art implement.
Wood Office supplies Bicycle fork Hardwood Machine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts