New Pope Believes Gay Marriage is "Satanic"

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by Caneman, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

i am not Catholic, i am a Christian, but i like this new pope so far... he was basically kicked out of argentina by the government because he opposed their gay marriage law... he is against abortion as well, and adoption of children by homosexual couples because he believes it is discriminatory against the child... so far so good i hope he is rooted and strengthened in God enough to stand up to the onslaught he is going to get...

2. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

Good for him! I hope he sticks to his guns.

3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I like that he's not European. I like that he wasn't a long-term bureaucrat. I like that he's known mostly as a servant. (Benedict, while a servant, was known more as a scholar.) And I like that he's chosen the name Francis--it sets a good tone.

I'm not Catholic, either, but it's still exciting to see a new "face" of Christianity to the world. And the Roman Catholic Church is, to me, a lot like the NRA. I don't agree with them on every last thing, but they are the big dog, and we're working for the same goals.
    (Breaking point of the analogy: it's totally acceptable to be a member of multiple pro-liberty organizations like the NRA, but it's not normal to try to be a member of multiple churches.)

4. 45Auto

45Auto Well-Known Member

It would appear that he's a been strong advocate for the poor. If he continues to advocate for the poor this could get him branded as a "communist" by the corporate folks.

It will be interesting to see what he does in the next few years. But at 76 years of age I don't see him doing anything to change the Church all that much, even if he wanted to.

5. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

6. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

All things that oppose God are evil.

However, not all evil is of Satan. He gets far too much credit for man's own foolishness and stinkin' thinkin'.

Much of the evil I see comes from our own flesh. Man's willful rebellion against God, and as a result of living in a fallen world. We are born with it coursing through our veins. If this were not true there would be no need for a savior and Christ would not have been the blood sacrifice for mankind to redeem us from our own sin.

Satan Sucks!

I'm not Catholic, but the new Pope ROCKS!

7. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

We need to all pray for him!

8. vytoland

vytoland New Member

as soon as he becomes a life member of the NRA:) and protects the innocent children who have been molested:eek: by his subordinates.:mad:

9. rogertc1

rogertc1 Member

Im Catholic and have found that whom ever was Pope had nothing to really do with my life beliefs or events. Kinda of like the Queen of England. A figgure head.

10. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Member

I'm not Catholic, but I like his stand much better than some of the Protestant churches.

11. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

+ 1!!

12. mabboss

mabboss New Member

Interesting string for a gun site... but here are a few thoughts to stir the pot: gay marriage is just "gay". I have no objection against legal gay commitments, my objection to this whole argument of gay "marriage" is that marriage is a sacrament of the Church, a church that does not believe in the gay lifestyle (which is their right of separation of church and state) so if marriage is a religious sacrament and the church does not recognize gays (and they don't have too) then gays should not try to "force" their lifestyle on the Church... they wanted legal rights to live together and have all the rights of a married couple... fine... go to city hall and have a Civil Union and get over it... they'll have all the rights afforded a married couple, and they can claim to be legally "married" but it would not infringe upon other peoples rights to disagree and to practice their religion in their own way (not that I'm all that religious as an ex-catholic) but I defend a persons or institutions right to not be infringed upon. You have the right to be gay, the right to legal union, the right to call it a marriage... but you do not have the right to force others to go against their religious beliefs as set down by their doctrine and bible. I also believe being gay is not a sickness and it may or may not be either genetically based or even a choice... it's not my place to judge.
    I also find it interesting that the Bible says we should not judge, yet I have not found a person of religious persuasion who can't stop judging others and just mind their own business... if you follow the Golden Rule then you will be well rewarded. If not you're just another piece of the problem. It ain't easy being tolerant, forgiving, and considerate of others beliefs without condemnation... no one said it was supposed to be... look what happened to Jesus for it. I'm Christian and don't believe in how we are being taught to believe... I do not have to agree with anyone's lifestyle, all I have to do is live mine and either tolerate or ignore your's... as long as you don't try to force your beliefs on me I will not force mine on you. We are all sinners and HE knows it.

13. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

14. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Well-Known Member

Hey have at it... then you too can go through Divorce, Child Support, Alimony, Child custody disputes, Domestic orders of protection, OOps no Guns for you ....;)

Then there is a biological reason for marriage between a man and a woman...its called Procreation .

(No you dont need to be married for this) . Without that a race will cease to exist. Unless your a worm it takes a man and a woman . You can only test tube and artificially inseminate so many females .

Its costly and is not 100% . I have yet to see a man bear a child . :rolleyes: And yes not all couples need to have or should have children .

15. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I will just inject this:

God requires repentance before he forgives our sins.

God will forgive the sins of murder, theft, homosexuality, etc. etc., ABSOLUTELY!
    But He will not forgive a murderer who has no regret, and plainly states he intends to continue to murder people.

God will absolutely forgive a homosexual who is repentant of that sin.
    But He will not forgive one who continues to live in that sin with no intention of changing. If God did that, He would have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah.

I will most certainly fight against any law that actually gives ADVANTAGES to people based upon sinful actions. No tax relief for thieves, no marriage benefits for homosexuals, no DCM guns and ammo for murderers.