The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Too bad it鈥檚 the wife鈥檚. 馃檮

This is her early birthday present. She picked it out herself. Ruger American bolt action .22LR. Said it reminds her of the old .22 her dad owned. (One of her brothers got that one.) She鈥檚 happy so I鈥檓 happy.

Premium Member
I like wood on the .22 bolts. Nice choice she made.
Nice choice!! Like Thumper I like wood stocked .22's. I have 12 all sport wood. All but 3 are bolt action.

Registered
BTW, Happy Birthday to your daughter. This is a present which will last a lifetime and provide a lifetime of memories.
Way to go Dad!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #14
BTW, Happy Birthday to your daughter. This is a present which will last a lifetime and provide a lifetime of memories.
Way to go Dad!
Well, my daughter didn鈥檛 get the gun. Wife did. Daughter鈥檚 birthday is 2 months away. I鈥檓 hoping I can convince her to buy one too. 馃榿

Premium Member
Wood stocks on guns are a plus for me . That is a nice looking rifle . I keep looking at a bolt .22s but something keeps coming up . You can have a blast shooting .22 . more bang for your buck and a bolt slows you down to . Sometimes shooting semi autos I have to tell myself "slow down breath aim " . I single load lots of times also just for that .

Registered
Well, my daughter didn鈥檛 get the gun. Wife did. Daughter鈥檚 birthday is 2 months away. I鈥檓 hoping I can convince her to buy one too. 馃榿
Apparently I had a lapse in reading comprehension. I hope your wife does enjoy her new gun and here's hoping your daughter joins in as well.
Shooting together as a family is always a good time.

TFF Chaplain
Congratulations. Happy birthday to Mrs WillieB. If you talk to her nice, will she let you shoot it also?

And I agree with hoping your daughter decides to join the fun..

Reactions: PumpThumper

Registered
That's a nice rifle for the wife, WillieB! I bought the .22 Magnum version with the black plastic stock several years ago on a whim. I was in the gun shop and so was the rifle, so it happened. I like it! It's one of the few good shooting rifles that I have that I haven't put a scope on yet. I bought a scope mount for it, but I just like it with open sights for now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts