The Firearms Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold this gun new over the counter 6/13. The customer brought it back with the complaint that the barrel would rotate in the gun. Sure enough, it did. These guns have a receiver cover similar to the Henry lever-action .22 rifles except held on by hideous Phillips screws. Here's what I found underneath:
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Revolver Gun barrel

Ain't no fixing that so off to Rossi USA it goes.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I bought one at a discount seller when they first came out. think i paid 99, or 119 for it. they are going for about 249 now. I wouldn't pay over the 99-119 I paid.

it's an ok gun. cheap sights.. but mine functions.

that broke receiver ..that's sad. I'd be mad too.

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
I bought one at a discount seller when they first came out. think i paid 99, or 119 for it. they are going for about 249 now. I wouldn't pay over the 99-119 I paid.

it's an ok gun. cheap sights.. but mine functions.

that broke receiver ..that's sad. I'd be mad too.
I'd go $99 but they wanted over $250......

·
Super Moderator
46,821 Posts
I looked at one at my LGS a few years ago. I thought about it and decided to wait until payday to go buy it. When I got the money and went to get it, it was gone and I haven't see one there since. I did find what I really wanted a few years later, the Winchester Model 1906. Maybe I am glad they sold it!!

·
Registered
12,977 Posts

·
Registered
12,977 Posts
Obviously grizz you have had more experience at this sort of thing than most of us. ;)
No way, my name isn't Bubba and my neck isn't red but I've had to fix a few of Bubba's repair jobs a time or two. :) Bubba doesn't limit his activities to guns he fixes a lot of things.

·
Registered
12,977 Posts
On a side note my BIL had a Rossi pump from the 1990's with an octagon barrel he wanted me to buy from him. I looked it over and it had a bulged barrel so I passed it up. Bubba got the best of him when he bought it. Knowing Kenny he dumped it on some fool for several times what he paid for it and I'm sure Kenny noticed the bulged barrel and bought it for next to nothing because he knew it needed a new barrel.

·
Registered
Guns Scare Me
7,026 Posts
This isn't the first time I've read about cracks under that receiver cover. I was interested until I started reading about them.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
This is one of the newer Rossi gallery guns. The old ones were steel copies of Winchester rifles.
The new models are not MIM exactly, they are die-cast zinc. I won't buy one.

Reactions: zant
1 - 20 of 20 Posts