New Shooter ( 1 2 )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

berto64
    (11/22/01 12:53:07 am)
    New Shooter
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tlynn said I should tell ya'll about what I did last Sunday, so here goes.
    I have a friend here in town that owns and runs the local pizza shop. He has been blessed with a lovely wife and three (3) daughters. The youngest is twelve years old and is a great kid. Her dad and I go shooting sometimes just to get out. She has gone with us a coupla times and is really enthusiastic about.
    Last Sunday we went out with his wife and daughter.
    For the girl to shoot I took a Remington 12A, and some larger rifles for us bigger kids.
    Brittaney was having such a blast, that while she was reloading I talked to her mom & dad and got the OK for my sudden flash of brilliance.
    As we were packing up to leave, she asked how much a little rifle like that costs?
    Asked her if she really liked it and had fun shooting it, she gave a positive indication of "it's SWEET!"
    After that, I told her good, because this one was free to her if she wanted it and promised to take care and all that.
    It made me feel like a million bucks to see the glee and happiness on her face. Thought she was gonna choke me with hugs.

Damn right! The thanks is in the GIVING!

TallTLynn
    (11/22/01 12:57:21 am)
    Re: New Shooter
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    berto - it's just as lovely reading it as it was hearing you tell me about it this morning.

You are a grand person my friend.

shooter22
    (11/22/01 1:17:34 am)
    Way to go Berto! A man with a huge heart and soul. Giving a child a cherished item, and a lifetime memory all at the same time. These type of kind acts often change lives. Great job.

BlackGun
    (11/22/01 1:22:47 am)
    Thumbs Up, Bud, You and people like you are what makes American Gunmen what it's all about. You make me proud to call you my friend!

berto64
    (11/22/01 1:31:13 am)
    They have helped me settle in here in town and just by being my friends have helped more than than I can say.
    But seeing that little girl happy with her first firearm was gift enough for me.

Happy Holidays,Everyone.

the real fredneck
    (11/22/01 7:38:01 am)
    you're a good man berto64

Bob In St Louis
    (11/22/01 8:02:50 am)
    Berto - Good going! As you said, the thankfulness is in the giving. You have that girl started on the right path too!

warpig883
    (11/22/01 8:56:12 am)
    You have made a friend for life and started her on the path to a great new hobby. I look up to you Berto it takes a special person to give a gift like that.
    One after one, by the star-dogged moon, Too quick for groan or sigh, Each turned his face with a ghastly pang, And cursed me with his eye. Four times fifty living men, (And I heard nor sigh nor groan) With heavy thump, a lifeless lump, They dropped down one by one.

Zigzag2
    (11/22/01 10:22:17 am)
    You are certainly "Blessed" Berto. A Prince, you are

SXSMAN
    (11/22/01 10:34:30 am)
    Too many times it seems people only get their just rewards when they leave this world.

Nice to see the good ones sometimes get theirs here.

T has a good friend in you,please help keep her safe.

Happy Thanksgiving Berto,

AGunguy
    (11/22/01 10:38:48 am)
    Nice people care about people. berto...you care to do the very best.

Different name
    (11/22/01 11:05:46 am)
    Berto, you are high quality individual with a bountiful, kind and generous heart.*
    Remember, when you teach children,
    you teach their children's children.
    I'm sure everyone involved will enjoy
    the dividends happiness pays.
    God Bless You.

* The world needs more just like you.

gpostal
    (11/22/01 11:43:30 am)
    dang it

last month it was "your cute" to get a firearm

now you go and ghange it to "its sweet"

how will i ever get a free firearm if you keep changing the passwords berto ?????

-------------------------------------
    that was very kind berto

280freak
    (11/22/01 11:46:31 am)
    You definitely ARE the man! Two thumbs up!

44rugerfan
    (11/22/01 11:53:46 am)
    You da man, Berto. She will remember you fondly for the rest of her life.

cointoss 2
    (11/22/01 11:58:38 am)
    Berto, ditto what they all said! You indeed are the man!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/22/01 5:31:25 pm)
    ezSupporter
    berto,

They don't come better than you my friend!

A fine group here on our site indeed the best!
    Administrator

guzda
    (11/24/01 2:17:10 pm)
    RE:
    Swell story, Berto!
    A kind heart in a strong man. Never gave my gun away, but a time or two, I gave up my "fishin pole" to some poor kid along the crick. Nothing expensive, always keep a cheap Zebco spincast outfit in back of the truck. The kids are poorly equipped, tangled up, broke down, under dressed for the weather and by themselves (too young to be along a stream, especially in the spring with high water). They'll tag along and talk you to death, but I always feel so damn bad for 'em. Talk about a license to own a gun- should need a permit to bring a kid into this world.
    Regards,
    Ol'Guz
    (covering the poverty sides of PA & WVA with Rod & Gun)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.