The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading some of the posts in the previous forum, I decided to post some pictures and info on the original form of the rifle. It appears that most people do not understand the the basis for later rifles is the MP-43. I seldom see any posts about it or any history about it. I have had my MP-43 for about 40 years. It was amnesty registered in '68. This gun is from the experimental production run made a Mauser. After the intial test run, the production of the gun was assigned to Hanel. My gun has both BYF and FXO production stamps on it. As far as can be determined, this is the only gun like that. It has been viewed by several experts on this firearm and it appears that this is the oly one in existance with both markings. The gun appears to be "in the white". There is no phosphate or zinc coating on it. Note the lack of a muzzle nut. I fire it about once a year. It is extremely reliable and I have never had a problem with it.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.