The Firearms Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Garandaholic
9,378 Posts
DOT date is late 2019 on all 4. I checked yesterday.

I sent him an email asking if he would take $250.

I think I'll get them either way. The shorter life expectancy doesn't bother me a whole lot. For half the money I think it's worth a shot. Who knows, I may sell the car before the tires wear out.

The tread pattern looks to be more what I want for deer season and winter. Plus they are 105T as opposed to the Hankook's 111T. I'm thinking they'll ride a bit smoother. Right now I have 107T's
Hard to go wrong for $250!
Winter traction is not all that great with these.
It's an OE tire, compounding is geared to smooth/quiet.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
When I lived in snow country-I ran real SNOW tires-then switched out in spring...We lived on the side of a mountain with a 1/2m drive-12 degree...my 77 F250 had chains on all 4 and f+b lockers-best plow/tow out truck I ever owned

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
DOT date is late 2019 on all 4. I checked yesterday.

I sent him an email asking if he would take $250.

I think I'll get them either way. The shorter life expectancy doesn't bother me a whole lot. For half the money I think it's worth a shot. Who knows, I may sell the car before the tires wear out.

The tread pattern looks to be more what I want for deer season and winter. Plus they are 105T as opposed to the Hankook's 111T. I'm thinking they'll ride a bit smoother. Right now I have 107T's
Are they mounted on aluminum wheels Todd?

·
TFFWPP President
13,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Are they mounted on aluminum wheels Todd?
As of Saturday they were. He said I could just swap wheel-tire assemblies to save the $20 cost to get each one mounted and balanced. Since I work at a shop with full tire service abilities I would rather do it myself. I don't know what kind of corrosion are on his wheels, or if they are straight and not cracked

·
Registered
798 Posts
I run 265/70R16s on my Trailblazer, I have Falken WildPeak A/T3Ws

Comb the junkyards for Hummer H-3 suspension stuff. Then Jack it up a couple more inches and put some big mudgrabber tires on it.
H3 won't fit, different chassis. YOu can add 2007 and later Tahoe rear springs.

·
Super Moderator
25,643 Posts
The worse he can say is NO.
Yes sir. My dad always said, when you make an offer, always start low. You can go up, but you can never go down.

Reactions: Aspeck

·
TFFWPP President
13,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Yesterday morning I got and email from him. He agreed to $300 tax included. That's meeting halfway. I told in reply I will take them and be there Saturday morning. Then about 3:00 I called from shop phone to have him deliver, he said they are gone! That got me worried. Once I confirmed who I am he said they are sold to me. I feel better, a man of his word

·
TFFWPP President
13,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Well, that fell through. Maybe it's a good thing. Instead I'm really looking at the Hankook Dynapro AT2's. I will mull it over this weekend

41 - 50 of 50 Posts