The Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum. I've been around firearms all my life and always owned a few guns but I am finally getting serious about firearms. I have always been a bow hunter and ran an archery shop for a few years but I have gotten bored with that. I am excited to get into something new. Looking to get into reloading, long distance shooting, gunsmithing, and some competitive shooting.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Hey guys new to the forum. Looking to get into reloading, long distance shooting, gunsmithing, and some competitive shooting.
Welcome to TFF from the banks of the Tennessee River in Alabama

Now on to your perspective hobbies....

Reloading: start by getting a few manuals to read and start obtaining components for the calibers you want to load. These are the hardest to come by as of right now.

Long distance shooting: set a budget and start saving. You will need a healthy budget to get started the right way. This is also aided by handloading....they go hand in hand. Buy quality gear, it will be cheaper in the long run.

Competitive shooting: DO IT!!!
There is nothing better than comp shooting to hone you skills with both rifle and pistol. My suggestions are as follows....
Rifle: NRL and PRS are the 2 biggest
Pistol: I would suggest starting with Steel Challenge. Since it has no movement involved, it is easier to get the range co.mands and fundamentals down and then move on to the disciplines that involve movement. USPSA is my favorite. Feel free to message me anytime for more info on pistol comps as I currently shoot USPSA, IDPA and Steel Challenge.

You will find very welcoming and helpful people within the ranks of rifle and pistol comps. They will always be willing to help and even loan you gear to try. Pick one and go to a match, help setup and watch at least once for each discipline and decide what suits you the best. Good luck, have fun and most importantly be safe!!

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Hey guys new to the forum. I've been around firearms all my life and always owned a few guns but I am finally getting serious about firearms. I have always been a bow hunter and ran an archery shop for a few years but I have gotten bored with that. I am excited to get into something new. Looking to get into reloading, long distance shooting, gunsmithing, and some competitive shooting.
Hello ikesoutdoors and welcome to TFF from San Antonio, Texas. WOW! That quite a background you have. And now you are headed in a different direction; good for you. You are in for a long and winding road full of fun and learning. Always keep the rules of safety in mind and you will stay safe while having tons of fun.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,771 Posts
Welcome to TFF from the UK!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.