The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I sold my IVJ TP-22 at auction last month and had been looking at Ruger 22's for plinking. I stopped in the LGS to make a lay-a-way payment and saw this on the shelf.

I used the think the fiber optic sight was a bit silly, as I get older I really appreciate it. Way better than the 1/8 inch nub on the IVJ. I put roughly 75 through it yesterday afternoon, it is unbelievably accurate. I can live with that fact that I have to use allen wrenches to strip it, I really like this one.

I'm probably on the LGS Christmas card list with one buy and one lay-a-way in less than a month.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Nice little Buckmark, they're great. I have HiVis sights on my Marlin 60, easy on the eyes indeed.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Fine looking pistol and if the grips fit the hand as good as they look like they do, Nice.
I know for my eye sight, the HiVis sights are a good thing!I have them on two Rugers and my Marlin and what a good sight picture, easy to see, they make.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wise choice.......I love my Buckmark (99 model slab-side)an its been a good one. I wish mine had fiber-optics but I'm so used to it. These are really great little shooters. I know you'll have many years of enjoyment together.......Good shooting.......Redworm..............

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This one is becoming my new favorite. I'm not one of those guys that can knock a hair off a gnat's butt from 50 feet, but I can hold my own. This morning after church I was shooting at 100 yards with it. With inexpensive Golden Bullets I was able to maintain 90% plus on a 2' x 2' target (standing leaning against a post) from 100 yards. For me, that's great. I really like this little gun.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I never had a single problem with my Buckmark. Congratulations. And regarding the F.O. front sight, I'm mid-50's now and looking for any way I can to see my sights better! Have fun.

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts