The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am trying to find some info/value for a VERY old muzzleloader belonging to a friend of my dad. Im no tsire what kind of info you guys need, as I couldn't find a ton of info written on it. This is what I know....The gun is VERY OLD...It is heavily engraved with leaves and birds...it is a underhammer rifle with a slight flare at end of barrel...metal work on it is very detailed...now for the writing on it....the writing I found is all on the top of what I guess you would call athe reciever. Forward of the rear sight..its all written in cursef. So its hard to read.....but appears to have.a name, Louis Buscuran?? And also says "Construido or ypto" or possibly "for eytpo" that's where it gets hard to read...and also says "1848" I have a few.pics but.they didn't come.out.that.good...I know.next.to nothing about muzzleloaders. So any info about history and value would be.appreciated....thank you all very much and I.will try to get more info and answer questions as needed.I could have.misspelled almost any of the writting as it was hard.to read...PLEASE HELP!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also believe it to be .50 cal. (Just what I was told)..any info would help..thanks again..I have some knowledge of guns but never dealt with a muzzleloader...but from my basic experiance I find this gun quite unusual..I figure its either nothing or something special...would love to know more about it...will try and get any other info one might need..just don't really know where to look..

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
The only help I can offer is that "Construido" is Spanish for "constructed" or "made", which might help in determining the origin.

Good pictures will be needed for any further assistance.

Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a few pics. Ill try to post..they aren't that good as all I have is my phone right now..not sure if ill be able to post them with it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts