The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, y'all :) As posted in another forum here, I'm somewhat new to guns - used to shoot rifles as a child, and I've been shooting handguns for 2 years. Just purchased my first one, a 9m SA ambi 1911. Someone in the other forum accused y'all of being a possible source of knowledge for me, so, I came in to hang out here. I welcome any advice you want to throw (or shoot) my way!

~Marie.

·
Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work
7,252 Posts
Have you taken a basic pistol course yet? I've been shooting regularly since I bought my first pistol ( a Crossman pump-type pellet gun) when I was 6. It cost me a whole week's allowance ($1.00), and it leaked like a sieve. Repairing that was my first gunsmithing experience, but I got it done!

But a few years ago I took the NRA Basic Pistol course, and I learned a ton! It was well worth the cost and time, and I enjoyed it so much I went back to certify as an instructor. I highly recommend it, no matter how comfortable you are with your current knowledge.

·
Super Moderator
28,632 Posts
Hi, y'all :) As posted in another forum here, I'm somewhat new to guns - used to shoot rifles as a child, and I've been shooting handguns for 2 years. Just purchased my first one, a 9m SA ambi 1911. Someone in the other forum accused y'all of being a possible source of knowledge for me, so, I came in to hang out here. I welcome any advice you want to throw (or shoot) my way!

~Marie.
1911, never a bad choice. I don't care what caliber.

·
Registered
4 Posts

~Marie.
I would find a friend that is safe and comfortable with pistols and go shoot. Get the safe handling down and then shoot some just to get comfortable. After the comfort part is down I would focus on technique. You can follow pros on Instagram or watch YouTube videos to get great tips and find some drills you think would be fun or challenging

1 - 5 of 5 Posts