Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

newly aquired ppk/s

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by tnecx, Apr 20, 2009.

1. tnecx

tnecx New Member

Attached are the pics of my newly aquired ppk/s that I picked up from a guy "down-sizing his collection". serial # is a 189xxx on the slide and 189xxxS vertically behind the trigger guard. The bbl is marked with "74" and the antler proof on the bbl shroud and the slide. appears to be in great condition and from what I can tell has been shot very little (the last owner said he hadn't loaded it since 1991). I guess my question is whether or not it has enough value (or potential value) to make it a shooter, or it be an admired peice to keep in the safe?

Attached Files:

2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

There is nothing collectible about a PPK/s, nor is it expected that they will increase in value. Shoot it and enjoy it. Hard to make out the caliber, but it appears to be .380, which makes it more desirable than a .32. Incidentally, you'll take sharp closeups if you use the "macro" setting on your camera.