News from Down Under

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pistolenschutze, Apr 24, 2009.

1. I guess one could say this guy really got--yup, you guessed it--"nailed." ;) I wonder if nail guns are a "staple" in Australia. I understand there has been a "spike" of such incidents recently. :::::::hiding in bunker, closing lid::::: :D

Man Dies After Being Shot 30 Times With Nail Gun
    Friday, April 24, 2009

Sydney, Australia, homicide squad detectives have released the graphic image as they make a fresh appeal for information about Chen Liu's murder.

The decomposed body of the 27-year-old, also known as Anthony Liu, was found dumped in the Georges River last November, wrapped in a domestic rug.

He was bound with electrical wires and an extension cord and the carpet was neatly folded with each end tucked in and then bound with three strips of wire.

Officers with Strike Force Renfree, formed to investigate the murder, have revealed they believe he was shot dead elsewhere and driven to the river in his own blue 2005 Range Rover Sport 4WD.

Detective Inspector Mark Newham said yesterday that post-mortem examination results had showed Liu was shot repeatedly in the head up to 30 times with a high-powered nail gun.

"Similar types of nail guns can fire nails up to 85mm long," Insp Newham said.

Detectives said the nail gun used in the murder was a standard cordless, framing, gas-charged gun, widely available for sale and hire.

2. artabr

artabr New Member

Ouch!!!
    Big nail. 85mm = 3.346"

Art

3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Don't let the democrats read this, they will want to ban nail guns.

4. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I was smart enough to shoot myself in the hand 1 time only with a framing nailer, but 30, oh they soooooooooooo didnt like this dude at all.

5. [​IMG]

6. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Oh eeew.....

Lucky I didn't eat much lunch.

7. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

no doubt somebody wanted him dead, see banning handguns isn't the answer . the real sad part is a 2005 range rover was ruined in the process.

8. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

I thought about "tacking" on another pun, but decided against it. (ducking!)

9. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

no need mrkirker you nailed it :D

10. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I see no sporting purpose at all in a nail gun that can hold more than 5 nails. Why would anyone legitimate person want one of these high capacity nail guns? Ban them I say.

11. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

12. FJF0311

FJF0311 New Member

Chen Liu

rolled in a carpet,
    ends neatly folded a tucked in?

Like a EGG ROLL?:eek:

13. Well, if you had, I'm sure it would have been worth more than 2d and we would all have gotten the "point" MrK. :D;):p

14. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Or at least registered and finger printed when you go to buy coded nails.:D:D:D TJ

15. Monkey Hollow

Monkey Hollow Member

From 2001, here's a guy that really had a bad day:

MAN CUTS OFF HAND, ATTEMPTS SUICIDE
    Lehigh Valley (PA) News
    01/24/01

A Lehighton man doing remodeling work at a Bethlehem home accidentally cut off his hand with a power saw then, apparently hoping to end his pain, shot himself at least 12 times in the head with a nail gun, police said.

William A. Bartron, 25, of 110 S. Third St., Lehighton, was alive at St. Luke's Hospital, Fountain Hill, on Wednesday, a hospital spokeswoman said. However, his condition was
    unavailable.

Bethlehem police officer Cheryl Ruth said Bartron was working in the basement at the home of Larry Lang, 2048 Worthington Ave., when he severed his hand at the wrist while using a
    portable mitre saw Tuesday afternoon.

The report said Lang came home about 3:30 p.m. and Bartron was doing remodeling work in the basement. Lang said he went to the basement 20 minutes later and found Bartron on the floor and called 911.

Lang told police Bartron's employer arrived a short time later and placed the amputated left hand in a clean plastic sandwich bag, which was taken with Bartron to St. Luke's, Ruth said.

The officer said Bartron was admitted to the hospital's trauma unit, where it was reported that at least a dozen 1 1/2 inch nails had penetrated his scalp.

Ruth said the employer told her Bartron had shot several nails into his head with a pneumatic nail gun "because he could not stand the pain from the amputation."