News from the EUssr

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by FreshP, Mar 17, 2017 at 12:52 PM.

1. FreshP

FreshP Well-Known Member

Well, the figth is over. We'll get tighter gun laws over here in commie Europe. The only positive thing is, that we managed to fight off an assault weapons ban. But there will be restrictions on magazines (the glourious 10 Round limit), gun registration (even on muzzle loaders) and much more bureaucracy.
    This is a reminder, that you should never stop fighting for your rights, or you might end up like we did.

I'd like to end this post with a quote from your fromer Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs Vicoria Nuland about the EU, but if I did so I would get banned here, as it includes the f word.

flboots, crystalphoto, grcsat and 4 others like this.
  2. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member Supporting Member

3. Kweeksdraw

Kweeksdraw Well-Known Member

Bummer. I know this sounds corny, but being an optimist, and a Christian, I hope you get your rights back soon.

4. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The partial upside for us in the UK is that we are on our way out of the EU, but the current mentality is that they would probably welcome the gun control laws. We already have some of the tightest gun control laws in the EU.

On the other hand, the SNP in Scotland is talking about another once in a lifetime independence referrendum so they can exchange the bridle of the UK government for the harness of the EU. The SNP is fixated on staying within the EU at the expense of the welfare of Scotland.

In the long run the SNP would like to see all privately owned guns in Scotland confiscated.

flboots, Twicepop and FreshP like this.
  5. FreshP

FreshP Well-Known Member

Yeah, the British have a wierd mentality about guns. And the fact, that the UK isn't even close to being the safest country in Europe shows how good their gun laws work. I guess the EU legislation won't affect you at all, as your gun laws are way too tight. On the other hand, your politicians might use this as an excuse to ban a few more things.

I used to support the EU, but my opinion changed last week. I'd love to see Switzerland leaving the Schengen treaty, because of this stupid pice of gun legislation.

flboots, Kweeksdraw, Kippy and 2 others like this.
  6. Twicepop

Twicepop Well-Known Member

We have a group in this country similar to the SNP you referenced, they're called DEMOCRATS.

flboots, Kweeksdraw, jsjj388 and 2 others like this.
  7. BlackEagle

It will be interesting to see how the elections in France and Germany go.

The Netherlands sounded like they would vote for what the media is calling a "populist candidate" who among other things opposed all this immigration, but at the last minute they voted in a status quo candidate.

The sad thing is that even this candidate has a minority of the vote, since there are 28 parties fielding candidates. Any government the Dutch set up will have to be a coalition of several parties, meaning nobody will be able to keep campaign promises and everyone will have to compromise.

I understand they are counting paper votes by hand because they are afraid of electronic hacking.

flboots, Kweeksdraw and FreshP like this.
  8. FreshP

FreshP Well-Known Member

I don't get, why they call the Netherland elections a defeat of right wing parties. The polls were pretty clear, that the right wing party won't get the majority of votes and that's what happened in the end. Even though the right wing gained a decent amount of votes, compared to the last elections.

France is complete different thing. The right wing party is leading the polls. Even though I don't think they'll win in the end, as they will have a final ballot. And that means everyone who voted for the parties that dropped out will the vote for the other candidate.

Germany will be a close call, as the social democrat party (SPD) gained a lot of popularity, due to their new candidate Schulz. Mainly because many people want to get rid of Merkel from the conservative party and second, because they don't know Schulz at all, as he spent the last decade, having an overpaid job as an EU bureaucrat. People don't seem to get, that this man talks a lot and won't change anything about the SPDs policies. And in the end, if the SPD, the Left Party and the Green Party get a majority, we will have a bad time in Germany (basically you can compare that to the Democraps). And we, as legal gun owners will have a bad time in particular. Thank god, the leftists still son't lead the polls, even though it is pretty close.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017 at 1:42 PM
    flboots and BlackEagle like this.
  9. Twicepop

Twicepop Well-Known Member

I'm not up to speed on politics in Germany, Merkel is considered to be a conservative? What I've seen of the woman and my interpretation of her policies, she'd be a flaming liberal Democrat over here.

flboots and crystalphoto like this.
  10. FreshP

FreshP Well-Known Member

Well the Conservative party (CDU) isn't that conservative like they used to be. That's the reason why many fromer CDU voters went on to vote for the right wing party AfD.

Our political system must be so confusing for Americans who are used to two large parties.

flboots and BlackEagle like this.
  11. BlackEagle

Yep. I shudder to think what would happen to the US if another party got enough leverage to tip the balance in Congress. Coalition governments are no bargain for anyone.

12. flboots

flboots Well-Known Member

Why have country governments over there in Europe? It seem every time the EU saids jump the countries ask how hi. It looks like the EU government is moving to be the new NAZIS government slowly taking away the rights of the people over there.

BlackEagle likes this.
  13. FreshP

FreshP Well-Known Member

Exactly. The EU keeps drawing power from the national governments and therefore creating a centralist EU government.

BlackEagle and flboots like this.