The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inherited this well-kept H&R 32 S&W CTGE. 3 1/4" barrel with Nickel and Blue trigger and guard. Stored in a closet for more than 40 years. I shot a few rounds of smokeless 32 ammo with no problems. Cylinder locks in nicely when fired. Hinge is very tight. Nickel finish is 98%. Bluing on trigger/guard are 98%. Bluing on top spring lock is 75-80%. Plastic grips are excellent with only a small scuff just below target on left side. Several scratches on the cylinder.

Stamped on top of the barrel:
HARRINGTON & RICHARDSON ARMS CO
WORCESTER, MASS U.S.A

Stamped on Left side of barrel:
32 S&W CTGE

Serial Numbers match on barrel assembly (under cylinder) and body (bottom of grip). #140471

Numbers on cylinder and auto-ejector match. #485

From my research, I think it was manufactured around 1913-1915, but is a little confusing to me as I compare my serial number with those on other threads. Had it looked over at a local gun shop. They told me they've never seen one of these in this good of shape.

Can you help me know what version, year of manufacture and approximate value?

Attachments

·
Banned
5,425 Posts
I can help with a value estimate. Year of manufacture someone else here has the info for sure - I don't have the books.

These little top break pistols aren't very valuable - I have one that I paid $38 for last fall. However, the finish on yours is better so figure it would go for somewhere between $50-70 at an auction. There are a lot of these pistols available. I use mine as my truck gun in case I hit a deer and have to put down it if the accident didn't kill it. The version you have is a safety hammerless and a number of companies made these. H&R, Iver Johnson (who also sold as US Revolver Co. for mail order), Meridan and S&W made them and there are a few other companies also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts