Ninth Circuit Defines Second Amendment Rights

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by kerk, May 7, 2009.

1. kerk

kerk New Member

If someone has already addressed this, moderators, please delete. I did a quick thread scan, and didn't see anything.

I guess this is good news, I haven't digested it all yet.........I'm still on my first cup of coffee. Plus I'm Leary of anything coming out of the 9th circuit.

"In a decision filed yesterday by the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, the Second Amendment right to bear arms has been greatly expanded, although I suspect that most people, after reading this paragraph, will wonder why I say that. The decision is interesting in two respects. First, it is written by the Ninth Circuit, which has not traditionally been noted for its conservatism, and, second, it is the first United States Appeals Court opinion to hold that Second Amendment right to bear arms applies to the states as well as the federal government...".

http://radioviceonline.com/ninth-circuit-defines-second-amendment-rights/

2. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

I'm embarrased to say i don't know what the 14th amendment says... So..i will wait for Marlins opinion and or explanation of what that means.

mike
    gn

3. smokyhollowforge

smokyhollowforge New Member

The 14th Amendment is and I quote
    "All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, with out due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Hope this helps

4. primerib

primerib New Member

Good post. I just don't know what to believe or who to trust anymore. This story goes against grain.

Two of the comments were beware of Greeks bearing gifts then corrected as beware of gifts bearing Greeks.