Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Inherited this rifle from my grandfather who was a Captain in the NJ State Police. The rifle's serial number indicates it's from 1921, the year the NJSP was founded. I'm looking for information about the rifle as well as approximate worth. I'm guessing there are NJSP specific collectors out there who'd be interested in this rifle and I wonder how I might reach out to them. Thanks in advance.

Here's what's printed on the rifle:

.30 CWF

“Nickel Steel barrel
Especially for Smokeless Powder”

Serial Number 928230

Rack Number (butt of stock): N.J.S.P 8

“27” engraved right in front of trigger

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
It was manufactured in March of 1921, and it appears to be 100% factory original. I would like to see a larger picture showing each side of the receiver frame.

I highly recommend that you contact the New Jersey State Patrol to see if they have any archived history on that gun, who it was issued to, and when it was disposed of (and to whom). The more documentation you can obtain on it, the higher the collector value will go.

Bert H.
WACA Historian

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey All,

Inherited this rifle from my grandfather who was a Captain in the NJ State Police. The rifle's serial number indicates it's from 1921, the year the NJSP was founded. I'm looking for information about the rifle as well as approximate worth. I'm guessing there are NJSP specific collectors out there who'd be interested in this rifle and I wonder how I might reach out to them. Thanks in advance.

Here's what's printed on the rifle:

.30 CWF

“Nickel Steel barrel
Especially for Smokeless Powder”

Serial Number 928230

Rack Number (butt of stock): N.J.S.P 8

“27” engraved right in front of trigger
Sir, I am a retired NJ Trooper and would be interested in conferring with you regarding your issued "Saddle Carbine".
SEND YOUR REQUEST TO HIM IN A PM - FORUM VIOLATION

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also just inherited two of the same guns, both within a few serial numbers off of yours, the rack numbers are 1 and 7, with the markinags in the same place as yours, any information would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
28,058 Posts
I also just inherited two of the same guns, both within a few serial numbers off of yours, the rack numbers are 1 and 7, with the markinags in the same place as yours, any information would be appreciated.
You would be better served if you started a new thread in this forum and include as many clear pics and information as possible.

Reactions: BlackEagle
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.