no# 3 Auto Maker files for Bankruptcey

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jacksonco, Apr 30, 2009.

1. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Just heard on Fox News that Chrysler is going to file for bankruptcey today. Well, well, wll what about all those billions our fearless leaders threw away! I wonder how much more they will throw after GM.

2. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

It is official, the bail out failed!

3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

No no no, a couple three weeks ago Barry was mentioning something about somekind of new type of bankruptcey they could file for about 30 days that would allow them to restructure. See, Barry never fails, he just rewrites the laws as he sees fit:rolleyes::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

4. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Indeed BCJ, indeed.

Just like he said that he wouldn' t raise taxes on the middle / lower class people, then gave me a 2420% raise in my taxxes. What a complete POS that isn't worth the air that he breaths.

I hope that God damns him to hell.

5. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

More like he rewrites "reality" as he sees fit...

mike
    gn

6. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

That what we need, a union owned car company operated by Fiat funded with our money controled by Barney Frank. We will have a crappy car that costs twice what it worth that sucks. There I go hating again.

7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Fix It Again, Tony

Pops

8. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Chrysler faced a Thursday deadline to produce a restructuring plan, but some of the automaker's creditors reportedly declined an offer Wednesday from the Treasury Department that would give the lenders $2.25 billion in exchange for forgiving Chrysler's $6.9 billion debt.

Obama expressed optimism for the company's future when it emerges from Chapter 11, calling bankruptcy a "quick" and "efficient" step on its path to "survival."

"The necessary steps have been taken to give one of America's most storied automakers, Chrysler, a new lease on life," Obama said.

"This is not a sign of weakness," he said of the looming bankruptcy proceedings.

The company will be eligible for up to $8 billion in federal aid to rebuild, according to senior administration officials. The officials say they expect the bankruptcy to last only 60 days, giving Chrysler time to finalize a partnership with the Italian automaker Fiat.

Let's do the math here.
    Chrysler has 6.9 billion in debts. They file bankruptcy and get 8 billion in return.

Anyone see something wrong with this?
    If I file for bankruptcy, my credit is ruined. No way in HELL am I gonna get cash back.:mad:

I suggest all business owners file for chapter 11 help post haste.
    Simply lay off the entire US work force, and reap the benefits.:rolleyes:
    Money for nothing. What could possibly be better?

People whine about Bush and the oil companies, but when it comes to Obasm taking over the banks and other big business, it's just peachy.:confused:

9. swiftman

swiftman Member

Will not buy GM or Chrysler Barry mobile not much left but Ford, wonder when the government will take them over?

10. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Whats with all the dead reavers bobitus? That is one series that was not given the time to develope to its full potential. At least Josh Whedon made it into a film, a very good one at that. From "Fire Fly" to "Serentiy" one really had to love the guns!

11. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Obama is upset that not every one played in his sandbox on the Chrysler deal. Would be just grand if the Federal Judge threw out all the Obama agreements and started over with the Chrysler bankruptsy. The judge pretty much has his way in these situations and Obama lost his control when it went into bankruptcy

12. whitemach

whitemach New Member

oh no,,,,,lord obamy failed:p,,,what:eek:,,,,oh wait the spin starts here:mad:

13. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

Whats the name of the Russian car? Zill? If they would've let 'em perish we might have had 10 small U.S. Auto makers by now, with no Union Garbage.
    You cannot regulate human initiative. It's either there, or not.

14. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

*Elvis*
    'Thank you, thank you very much'.

At least I included Rivers 'safe' word.:D

Watcher back.:p