The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my club today with my son. I was at our rifle pistol range and my son was in the clubhouse doing paperwork. He is the chairman of buildings and grounds. He finally went over to the range and shot a few of my guns. He said he wanted to stop by our LGS to pick up some ammo on the way home.

I told his they many not have much. I was right. They had nothing. There was a line to get in and it was a waste of time since there was nothing in the store. We then ran over to Cabela's just a few miles away. He didn't want to pay the 5 cent a round cook county tax but also didn't want to be low on ammo with the protest coming to out town.

They were sold out of everything. No guns and no ammo. The only guns they did have were single action pistols and over under shotguns. I knew there was a rush on guns and ammo I didn't know it was this bad.

He has 75 rounds of 9 mm 150 rounds of 45 acp and over 200 rounds of 12 gauge buckshot. I told him if you need more then that we are really in trouble. He was worried about using full metal jacket ammo and wanted some self defense ammo. I told him not to worry about it going threw 2 or 3 of the rioters. Its more cost effective per round.

This peaceful (riot) protest is supposed to go right past my house. My son lives 2 blocks away.

·
Premium Member
19,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like the two of you need to start reloading.
I gave my son a Hornady reloading kit about 5 years ago for Christmas. He has done some reloading and he said he needs to start doing it again.

The time to stock up is when the ammo is plentiful, not when it isn't.
That's what I was telling him. I have a good stash as I always buy ammo. He also knows he can get whatever he needs from me.

·
Premium Member
11,673 Posts
gvw, you guys keep your noses in the wind up there.

Over the last week or so I've been in two, usually very well stocked gun shops. Both had plenty of 22 ammo, most powders, whatever you wanted for primers and still a fair selection of bullets, if you're the kind who buys bullets. Firearm selection at one was a bit limited but at the other they had a large selection....that interested me. I don't know what either one had as far as semi-auto handguns or rifles. Wait...the one down in Salem had quite a few on the wall. The other, don't recall.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
It's hit and miss here. LGS I do business with is well stocked with most popular calibers of handgun and rifle ammo. Most any firearm you could need also. The store where I work has ammo most all the time. Firearm selection is not as great as a few months ago, but it's because they sell almost immediately.
Got in 500 round lots of 30/06 ball Garand ammo packed in .50 cal. ammo cans a couple of day ago. $379.00 each. Thinking about getting one. I have plenty of '06 but never too much.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I don't know. i guess it would depend on their tolerance for their acceptable loss is.:)
I'd think it would depend on the prime instigators---the mob leaders if that is the right term.
How does one identify the leaders?
I recollect that is the IDF protocol when dispersing violent mobs.

·
Super Moderator
10,384 Posts
An interesting thread.
What do you think it would take to disperse a mob of looters coming down your street?
Tear gas works good, maybe a pack of Pit Bulls, Shepherds, Pinchers, and Rottweilers.
The question of "What gun" has been asked many times. I'm still sticking with a 12 gauge shotgun In this instance loaded with OO.... If they weren't practicing social distancing this could put a pellet in 3-5 with the swing through technique. :twocents: The little KelTec that holds 15 would be a great choice.

·
Registered
382 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
neighbor tried buying clay pigeon shells for a 12 awg last weekend none to be found, we wont even talk about handgun and rifle.

·
Premium Member
19,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nothing happened yesterday. Nothing happening right now. We went to my gun club and there were protesters a block away. about 10, 40+ middle age housewife's. No men.

The protest that go past my house are tomorrow at 7 pm. I am going to go out and mow my front lawn to disrespect them at that time. The guy across the street is trowing a birthday party and his neighbor put up an american flag and blue lights.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I was at my club today with my son. I was at our rifle pistol range and my son was in the clubhouse doing paperwork. He is the chairman of buildings and grounds. He finally went over to the range and shot a few of my guns. He said he wanted to stop by our LGS to pick up some ammo on the way home.

I told his they many not have much. I was right. They had nothing. There was a line to get in and it was a waste of time since there was nothing in the store. We then ran over to Cabela's just a few miles away. He didn't want to pay the 5 cent a round cook county tax but also didn't want to be low on ammo with the protest coming to out town.

They were sold out of everything. No guns and no ammo. The only guns they did have were single action pistols and over under shotguns. I knew there was a rush on guns and ammo I didn't know it was this bad.

He has 75 rounds of 9 mm 150 rounds of 45 acp and over 200 rounds of 12 gauge buckshot. I told him if you need more then that we are really in trouble. He was worried about using full metal jacket ammo and wanted some self defense ammo. I told him not to worry about it going threw 2 or 3 of the rioters. Its more cost effective per round.

This peaceful (riot) protest is supposed to go right past my house. My son lives 2 blocks away.
There is no 9mm around here for sale either.Nonnnnnnnnnne!
Oh!One guy I forgot.$300 a case.$120 over priced from normal.

·
Premium Member
19,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They even bought up all the bird shot. I am out of shells to shoot trap. I may spend all next week looking to get some shotgun shells.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts