No ammo or guns around here.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by gvw3, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Goofy SS

Goofy SS New Member

Its part of the defund/disband the police force.

shootbrownelk likes this.
  2. Dan Brimhall

Dan Brimhall New Member

Folks - Here is a perfect example of what you might expect if you are in a crowd situation and need to defend. Disclaimer - this guy was asking for it, but was within his rights to drive his car down the street without being attacked. Should have stayed home. He held off a crowd of hundreds of people by just showing his handgun, although, he did shoot a person in the arm after people reached into his car to drag him out. You can hear people screaming " He's got a GUN!!!". OMG - a GUN!! Ball ammo or FMJ will work just fine. Be more concerned with lots of mags and the ability to do a tactical or emergency reload quickly.

Empty_Holster and shootbrownelk like this.

3. ALA

ALA Active Member

The demonstration is not your biggest concern...
    The Minneapolis City Council wants to *Dismantle* the City’s Police entirely !

4. Killian6pk

Killian6pk New Member

A week ago Powder Valley had plenty of BL-C2. I ordered 2 bottles just to have extra on hand. Curious what do you load with the BL-C2?

5. joe45c

joe45c Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I don't know what it's used for, but now that you have 2 bottles coming it might not be such a good time to ask that question.:oops:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  6. SilasW

SilasW Well-Known Member

No 12 ga 00 at the store where I work. But you can buy #7 1/2 by the case, same with slugs :) IMO a shotgun isn't a distance weapon anyway. If your target is farther than 15 yards, you need a rifle. In my case, I have no neighbors close enough to worry about going through sheet rock. There's no buckshot of any size available locally, so I'd have to go online to get it. Provided you could find it.
    Thought about bringing home another 500 rounds of .22LR yesterday but held off. Already have a good supply. Working on increasing my 7.62x39 for the AK's.

joe45c likes this.
  7. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT No Power Options Supporting Member

Just ring your birdshot shells.
    :lol:

8. howlnmad

howlnmad Old Guy Doing Things Moderator Supporting Member

It works with a wide range of bullet weights in 223.

9. pyroblack

pyroblack New Member

SOUTHERN INDIANA, WAY TO CLOSE TO LOUISVILLE
    In 223, I use 27grs BL-C2 and 55gr FMJBT... and in 308 I use 46.5gr BL-C2 and 168gr Hornaday match BTHP....... Armalite and Springfield M1A

10. PRR1957

PRR1957 Well-Known Member

223/5.56 for start.

FYI. BL-C2/WC846 was the first gun powder used for the 5.56 when the cartridge was first fielded in the M16. It proved to be to problematic do to much carbon fouling in the M16. Also it was tried in the 7.63 for the M60 which had the same carbon fouling problem though WC846 worked great in the M14. As for the the 5.56 in the M16, a switch to WC844 which has similar burn rate as H335 alleviated the carbon fouling that gun.

As for cartridges to load with BL-C2, go online to hodgdonreloading.com for load data for the various cartridges it can be used in. BL-C2 works good in small to medium case cartridges, plus in non autoloading guns this powder works great with good accuracy. The caveat is that it is temperature sensitive, so if you develop a safe load in like say the spring or fall with cooler ambient temperatures, it could be unsafe high pressure if fired in the heat of summer. I used BL-C2 when I first used it in a T/C Contender chambered in 7mm T/CU which I developed two loads for it in the spring. It wasn’t until the heat of August while competing in IHMSA matches that I had over pressures with hard to unlocking to open the gun along with cases hard to extract. I switched to H335 which is not nearly as temperature sensitive, but latter I again switched to H322 which has a similar burn rate but much lower muzzle flash/report.

SilasW likes this.
  11. zant

zant Well-Known Member

I'm pretty set but ordered 32lbs of 844 at a good price.

12. armoredman

armoredman Well-Known Member

WalMart in Casa Grande had LOTS of shotgun ammo of all kinds.

13. shootbrownelk

shootbrownelk Well-Known Member

There's nothing left for them to steal I suppose, they lost interest.

The media has already labeled the guy as "A KNOWN WHITE SUPPREMACIST" so he'll be the one they try to fry, not any of the rioters. Crazy world we find ourselves in these days, all caused by the actions of one rouge cop.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2020
    joe45c likes this.
  14. ral357

ral357 Well-Known Member

Caused, no. That was the excuse. This has been planed for a while. They just wanted an excuse to send their brown shirts in the streets. In the cameras everywhere world we are in one doesn't have to wait long to capture some suitable outrage.

joe45c likes this.
  15. SilasW

SilasW Well-Known Member

This powder is readily available locally. I read the Hodgdon loadings on their website and it looked to be a good fit for several cartridges I shoot. Bought a 1 pound can, then read of it being temp sensitive. I've been hesitant to develop loads because of it. IMR 3031/IMR4064 or H414 are my go-to powders. But they are harder to find in my area for some reason.
    Since I mostly load for hunting (cool/cold weather) finding a loading for that would be easy enough. But besides the Weatherby or Savage 99 in .308 Win I hunt with, there's also my LR and CETME in the same caliber. They might have to be used on a hot, humid MO day.