The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky grand jury on Wednesday indicted a single former police officer for shooting into neighboring apartments but did not move forward with charges against any officers for their role in Breonna Taylor’s death.

The jury announced that fired Officer Brett Hankison was charged with three counts of wanton endangerment in connection to the police raid of Taylor's home on the night of March 13.

Immediately after the announcement, people were expressing frustration that the grand jury did not do more.

https://katu.com/news/nation-world/grand-jury-to-present-report-in-breonna-taylors-death?fbclid=IwAR0SDxV4zBfBl8hDTvOb0X0hBUTzvT_zoGO77wrDRgyDopCEePFOIPdRV4o

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I haven't really followed this case, but her boyfriend opened fire FIRST on the police and she was shot in the crossfire. Not the story I thought I had heard briefly in other reports. And, they officers did knock and that is when the boyfriend opened fire.

The cop charged today was charged for endangering other appt units with stray fire.

Even that appears to be bogus.

So, another non-civil rights violation case. They had information of drugs in the appt but that suspect was not there. The occupants opened fire on the police FIRST after the cops knocked. And this is what people are rioting about?

Sicko's is all these looters, rioters and related murderers are. Nonsense.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Our local NBC affiliate newsreader said they entered on a "no knock" warrant. That is a lie.

The fake news will push and push and push until most people will believe the worst, even though it's a lie.

If the police had a "no knock" warrant, the residents would not have had time to grab a weapon and shoot at the police.

The one officer was indicted on "wanton disregard for safety".

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
The only "crime"was LEO not knowing where their rounds were going---they were shot at first and returned fire-chances are if they have'nt been shot at before-they aimed in direction of incoming and dumped their mags-human nature/something you have to learn to overcome....This is an excuse for Marxist rioting(aided and abetted by PLA and Soros)

·
Premium Member
3,960 Posts
They had a No Knock warrant but changed it before they got to the house. They KNOCKED, they identified themselves as POLICE, guy inside didn't hear them and when they broke down the door, the guy inside shot one of the cops.
Can you say SCAPEGOAT??? They HAD to hang someone so they got one of the Cops for shooting in the room where some of the bullets went thru the walls of the cracker box apartment but missed the folks next door.
AGAIN, can you say SCAPEGOAT??
I did see where some of the IDIOT PROTESTERS got a few knots on their heads. :D:D:D

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
They had a No Knock warrant but changed it before they got to the house. They KNOCKED, they identified themselves as POLICE, guy inside didn't hear them and when they broke down the door, the guy inside shot one of the cops.
Can you say SCAPEGOAT??? They HAD to hang someone so they got one of the Cops for shooting in the room where some of the bullets went thru the walls of the cracker box apartment but missed the folks next door.
AGAIN, can you say SCAPEGOAT??
I did see where some of the IDIOT PROTESTERS got a few knots on their heads. :D:D:D
Not likely going to be a conviction on those charges either. Good for them, the rioters will be able to burn the city a second time, well, third or fourth time I guess when those not guilty verdicts come in.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Our local NBC affiliate newsreader said they entered on a "no knock" warrant. That is a lie.

The fake news will push and push and push until most people will believe the worst, even though it's a lie.

If the police had a "no knock" warrant, the residents would not have had time to grab a weapon and shoot at the police.

The one officer was indicted on "wanton disregard for safety".
Bill Hemmer on FOX had a retired NYC Detective on his show and was asking him questions on his perspective on that shooting. The Detective CLEARLY said "This wasn't a No-Knock Warrant". Bill Hemmer goes on about four times referring to the raid as a "No-Knock Warrant".

FOUR DANG TIMES. Each time the Detective corrected him. FOX is driving me crazy with this Main Stream News Media crap. Fox is also making out that female shooting victim as if she were Shirley Temple from the "Good Ship Lolly Pop". As I understand the facts, she was also named in the Warrant, her 'Boy Friend' shot at the Police (He was a Felon in possession of a firearm in the act of attempted felony murder with a very long "rap Sheet" of prior Felony offenses) - Little Miss Shirley Temple got in the line of fire while protecting her boy friend, attempting to obstruct the Police and bought the farm.

You sleeps with dogs and you're gonna get fleas. She made her own choice to run with the "Bad Boys''. Sorry about that. Her Momma and her Daddy should have explained better to her that poor decisions sometimes end up poorly.

Meanwhile FOX joins in on the wailing.:headbang:

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Bill Hemmer on FOX had a retired NYC Detective on his show and was asking him questions on his perspective on that shooting. The Detective CLEARLY said "This wasn't a No-Knock Warrant". Bill Hemmer goes on about four times referring to the raid as a "No-Knock Warrant".

FOUR DANG TIMES. Each time the Detective corrected him. FOX is driving me crazy with this Main Stream News Media crap. Fox is also making out that female shooting victim as if she were Shirley Temple from the "Good Ship Lolly Pop". As I understand the facts, she was also named in the Warrant, her 'Boy Friend' shot at the Police (He was a Felon in possession of a firearm in the act of attempted felony murder with a very long "rap Sheet" of prior Felony offenses) - Little Miss Shirley Temple got in the line of fire while protecting her boy friend, attempting to obstruct the Police and bought the farm.

You sleeps with dogs and you're gonna get fleas. She made her own choice to run with the "Bad Boys''. Sorry about that. Her Momma and her Daddy should have explained better to her that poor decisions sometimes end up poorly.

Meanwhile FOX joins in on the wailing.:headbang:
Fox is all but gone. I have switched over to OANN for most things, but they are not quite up to speed on nationwide and worldwide coverage of the vast number of newsworthy stories every day.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Well, they are rioting and shooting cops already. Just lock them up. This is getting sickening. We are looking at a mob rule.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/2-cops-shot-downtown-louisville-breonna-taylor-protests

They had a lawful warrant, they exceeded the warnings of the no-knock warrant and knocked and announced themselves before entering. They had probable cause to enter and search. A judge agreed and signed the warrant.

It appears her "crime" was having friends of ill repute as some put it. You need to be careful who you associate with. They can get you in horrible trouble and in this case, even get you killed.

But that is no justification for rioting and mob rule. They are just looking for an excuse for organized riots in this nation, all in Demoncratic cities.

This is only getting worse and worse and will eventually kill this nation. Then who will send the welfare checks and provide free housing to these creeps? They are shooting themselves in their own foot.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I'm going to be a bit contrarian here. When I took my first CHL class, my instructor told our class that we were responsible for every bullet that left our weapon. Even if we were legally justified in firing our weapon, we could still be held criminally and civilly liable for injuring an innocent bystander. By all accounts Breonna Taylor fits the description of "innocent bystander". No drugs were found in her apartment, she had no weapon on her, she had broken no laws. Why should the police get special treatment in this case? Firing blindly into an apartment and killing an innocent bystander is at least criminally negligent homicide. If your home was being broken into by a criminal with a weapon, and you fired missed and killed your neighbor across the street, you would be charged and probably convicted. Breonna was shot 8 times, police fired more than 20 rounds, striking 2 bedroom, a hallway, bathroom, living room, kitchen and dining room. I guarantee you that if anyone other than a police officer had done that, they would be in prison. Being a police officer does not give you authority to ignore the law.

Regardless of the outcome of the grand jury, the rioting is unjustified. We are a nation of laws, violence, even if it is a just cause, is not the proper way to make changes. Whether or not I personally agree with the grand jury's decision, everyone should abide by it. It's another case of innocent bystanders being hurt because of someone else's actions. The rioters need to be locked up.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I'm going to be a bit contrarian here. When I took my first CHL class, my instructor told our class that we were responsible for every bullet that left our weapon. Even if we were legally justified in firing our weapon, we could still be held criminally and civilly liable for injuring an innocent bystander. By all accounts Breonna Taylor fits the description of "innocent bystander". No drugs were found in her apartment, she had no weapon on her, she had broken no laws. Why should the police get special treatment in this case? Firing blindly into an apartment and killing an innocent bystander is at least criminally negligent homicide. If your home was being broken into by a criminal with a weapon, and you fired missed and killed your neighbor across the street, you would be charged and probably convicted. Breonna was shot 8 times, police fired more than 20 rounds, striking 2 bedroom, a hallway, bathroom, living room, kitchen and dining room. I guarantee you that if anyone other than a police officer had done that, they would be in prison. Being a police officer does not give you authority to ignore the law.

Regardless of the outcome of the grand jury, the rioting is unjustified. We are a nation of laws, violence, even if it is a just cause, is not the proper way to make changes. Whether or not I personally agree with the grand jury's decision, everyone should abide by it. It's another case of innocent bystanders being hurt because of someone else's actions. The rioters need to be locked up.
Breonna was NOT killed by blindly fired bullets. Those 10 bullets by the cop firing from an outside patio didn’t hit anyone or he would have been charged today for that.

The bullets that hit her were all direct fire in response first from the cop who was shot and had a severed femoral artery, which can be fatal. He fired 5-6 shots before collapsing.(I have read 5 in sone accounts, 6 innothers) His backup who were also in the line if fire shot 4-5 more. If the cop on the patio did not blindly shoot ten rounds, then all shots fired would have been reasonable for a wounded cop and officer down. Remember, the cops were shot at first.

Breonna chose to stand next to her boyfriend who fired his gun at police. Yes, she was not guilty of any proven crime, but why were they both standing in the hallway silently and not answering the police even though the neighbors did?

Tactics perspective shows hallways are a place without cover and often little chance of evading a conflict.

She placed herself in harms way by doing that. Better to have stayed in the bedroom and barricaded the door while she called 911 to confirm if it was the police.

The cops were sued and settled for $12 million. They didn't commit any crimes. They were executing a seach warrant. The civil case was settled. So they didn’t get away with anything.

The boyfriend was not charged either.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Friend who lives there is armed up for riots similar to Portland. Our country is in a sad state.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Breonna chose to stand next to her boyfriend who fired his gun at police. Yes, she was not guilty of any proven crime, but why were they both standing in the hallway silently and not answering the police ebenbtjough neighbors did?
My point still stands. The police are just as responsible for every round that leaves their gun as any civilian. Kenneth Walker was not wounded, Breonna Taylor is dead. Once the shooting started, those cops were willing to kill anyone in the apartment. Even if she had been trying to shield Walker with her body (which has not been established), the police should not have killed Breonna. A civilian in a similar situation would have been charged and convicted. The police are not above the law. I know this is not a popular perspective on this forum, but right is right, and though I usually support the blue, I am not going to cheerleader them when they are wrong.

I applaud the Louisville city council for banning "no knock warrants", I have always believed them to be unconstitutional. I support Rand Paul's Justice for Breonna Taylor act, which will end "no knock warrants" at the Federal level, and state and local agencies that receive funds from the Justice Dept. No knock warrants are unreasonable. If police are concerned about losing evidence or armed resistance during a search, they can always surround the location, evacuate bystanders, and wait them out. Whether or not the police announced themselves in this case is in dispute.

It appears her "crime" was having friends of ill repute as some put it. You need to be careful who you associate with. They can get you in horrible trouble and in this case, even get you killed.

But that is no justification for rioting and mob rule.
Having friends of ill repute is not justification for getting killed by police, either.

Please don't get me wrong, the street violence is wrong. The Justice department and the FBI (if they aren't already part of the plan) should investigate who is funding the insurrection. If they are found, they should be arrested, charged and jailed, along with whoever participates in the rioting.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yes police should be held accountable for wrong doings and I wished no one had been shot or killed . Breonna Taylor was involved with the drug dealings it might of been in a small way but she new what was going on and helped in it ., Why there was not a warrant for her also I don't know should of been . As far as the no knock warrant I believe they didn't just bust in that they decided to knock and when no response they then busted in . I understand how no knocks can seem wrong but what are they supposed to do knock , "say police " then hope the people don't flush the drugs or other evidence or get there guns ready before they open the door . Maybe if the police kept to the 1st plan and didn't knock nobody would of been hurt or killed . There is a plus to no knocks .There is both sides to this on no knocks . Police have a very hard job , even more know days . They should be held to a higher standard and when the make mistakes be held responsible but in a life and death situation like this the only policeman that I feel screwed up bad was the one fired for shooting threw a window of another home the 2 cops in the door were trying to keep from being killed .

1 - 20 of 38 Posts