The Firearms Forum banner

No deer season for me

2K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  BigT 
#1 ·
Been fighting the dreaded covid. Today is day 13, but my wife's symptoms just started and she got tested today. Gotta tell you all, it's real and it is bad. Days 7-10 were the worst. Never felt body aches like this before. Highest fever was 101.5, no taste or smell, (back now). Rifle season starts Saturday, but we will still be quarantining. Wishing good luck and safe thoughts to all who are going. Be thinking about you all.

#2 ·
Glad you are healing and enduring. It is real, and it is a flip of the coin whether it is fatal or not. I've lost a couple of family members to it, and they are not the elderly kind like I am and a couple of army buddies. Prayers to you and your wife. There is always next year for deer season.

#9 ·
I have avoided the plague so far , probably would be the end of me at 79. Deer season opened last Sat and my buddy and I have two hanging in the locker hoping to get a doe or two apiece in the next week or so. Tried without success this morning but only found a six point with a rack about eight inches wide ( must be 13) So he walked away not knowing the cross hairs were on him.

#10 ·
Praise the Lord you're on the mend, Big. My wife's cousin had it and her husband never did have a symptom and never tested positive. Will add you and momma to my ever lengthening list.

GVW, sorry to hear of your friend and glad your son is on the mend.

#12 ·
Sorry to hear the bug got you. Glad to hear you're on the mend. Praying that you will have a complete recovery, and that your wife gets through this quickly and completely.

#15 ·
I didnt go out deer hunting this year either, mainly financial. last year I had my gallbladder removed the day before opener. It was also unseasonably hot this year 79F opening day, yesterday it was 73F, Today we got 4 inches of snow and its still snowing started snowing around 4pm its midnight here now. I talked to the gas station/game registration station he said they only registered 15 deer opener weekend compared to their usual 125 to 200. there was talk of online registration but I dont know if that went into effect. So get well and kill one next year.

#17 ·
Feeling much better, symptoms gone and gaining strength. Might try to salvage a little season later in the week. Thanks for all the prayers and support. Hoping all the others, seems like many, who a fighting the crud, are also on the road to recovery. Wife didn't get it as bad, but being 40 years diabetic, her sugars were staying real high. That seems to have settled down also. I'd like to think that once you go through it, you are immune, but haven't heard that yet. Hope we can't or don't get it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.