The Firearms Forum banner

non automatic china sks

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  nmckenzie 
Remove the piston, piston extension and spring.

JK
I think you're on the right approach here, but cutting off the rear two thirds of the piston extension would do the job without the chance of excess gas squirting back into the receiver. With the recoil spring still in place the rifle would essentially be a straight pull with spring loaded bolt return.

I know every one likes to mess with the man, but the old saying, Screw with bull and get the horns. The easiest thing to do is simply get a rifle that is legal. The state has it's reasons, I don't know what they are, but the rules are the rules. There are times to back off and come back another day to the war. JMO
Have to agree with RJay. Just read PA's rules & regs regarding no hunting with semi-auto arms, and they're pretty clear. Rather than having to verbally tap dance with a magistrate about an SKS that looks like an autoloader, but isn't, play it safe and buy yourself a relatively inexpensive bolt action.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.