The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
I am one of the Schmucks that bought a rifle from this HORRIBLE company. My rifle is not yet fully functional and my gunsmith gave up on it.

One of the members on TFF (LDBennett) did get his working after looking at and correcting several of the errors it was built with. I just have not yet mustered up the $125 to buy ONE magazine, their new metal version. One of these days I will and try some of the other recommendations noted on this thread.

I spoke about it on this thread here.

https://www.thefirearmsforum.com/threads/noreen-bn36-30-06-buyer-beware.159651/#post-1429190

Reactions: tedwitt

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. I was just wondering. I am one of those Smucks as well. I ordered a 300 Win Mag from them last February. Due to "heat treating delays" I received it 4 months later. I put 9 rounds through it and it blew up! I sent it back and evidently the barrel was not aligned properly. Due to "heat treating delays" it took another 3 to 4 months to get a replacement. I have had nothing but trouble with it. It has yet to chamber 5 rounds in a row without jamming. Just this past week the gas block rolling pin fell out. When ever I contact tech support, they do reply within 24 hours however the replies are very brief. My bolt chipped at the hole where the charging handle goes so I ordered another bolt carrier. It arrived 4 weeks later and only then because I complained. It was delayed again because of "heat treating delays". I asked their tech how difficult it was to strip the old one to place on the new one. There answer was "it should be plug and play but might need some light gunsmithing." So... do I do it myself or get a gunsmith to do it.

I just wanted to know if I was being overly critical or if someone else had had a poor experience with their rifle. I really wanted a 300 Win Mag MSR for hunting and had big hopes for this one but I believe it may become an expensive project gun.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Ok. I was just wondering. I am one of those Smucks as well. I ordered a 300 Win Mag from them last February. Due to "heat treating delays" I received it 4 months later. I put 9 rounds through it and it blew up! I sent it back and evidently the barrel was not aligned properly. Due to "heat treating delays" it took another 3 to 4 months to get a replacement. I have had nothing but trouble with it. It has yet to chamber 5 rounds in a row without jamming. Just this past week the gas block rolling pin fell out. When ever I contact tech support, they do reply within 24 hours however the replies are very brief. My bolt chipped at the hole where the charging handle goes so I ordered another bolt carrier. It arrived 4 weeks later and only then because I complained. It was delayed again because of "heat treating delays". I asked their tech how difficult it was to strip the old one to place on the new one. There answer was "it should be plug and play but might need some light gunsmithing." So... do I do it myself or get a gunsmith to do it.

I just wanted to know if I was being overly critical or if someone else had had a poor experience with their rifle. I really wanted a 300 Win Mag MSR for hunting and had big hopes for this one but I believe it may become an expensive project gun.
I have decided not to waste a lot of money on this thing. An expensive lesson for sure.

I will at some point try the steps LDBennet outlined in the thread linked above starting with the new metal magazine. That was the focus of my gunsmith as well, on their first plastic version.

Horrible company and an expensive piece of metal. If I get it going, I will let folks know, but I would definitely stay away from this company if you have an itch for an unusual sized AR platform. My Windham Arms 308 is wonderful rifle. This, not at all.

Good luck with your rifle but don't throw good money after bad. Keep it limited whatever it is that you do with them.

·
GUNZILLA
6,189 Posts
I was very tempted in buying one, specifically the 30-06 version when I found out about this company but never jumped on my temptation. If one thing I have learned in life it is to never buy any product that is brand new to the consumer market, no matter how great it is and how much I wanted. I prefer to wait and let others deal with the frustrations of getting all the kinks out.

So far everything I have read about this company is that their products are not reliable and their customer service is not very helpful. I never believe what I see on you tube especially if it is a video produced by the same company for themselves. As I recall they still have many problems with their AR's, after several years they still can't seem to get the timing correct with their gas systems. I don't know now if the issues have been addressed but one of the members in my range had one and had sent it back to them 3 times, don't know if he ever got it to work as I have not seen him around in over a year.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
This reminds me of those h&r handy rifles. Never seen so many hunt not work right. Thank god I never bought one.

·
Super Moderator
39,060 Posts
I have had at least half a dozen Handi Rifles, both H&R and NEF. Some of them I had more than one barrel fitted to the receiver. I had one that I could not hit the broad side of a barn with, but I never has a problem with any of them not functioning properly. Tuckerd1 now has that one and he says it shoots good for him.

·
Administrator
11,365 Posts
I have had at least half a dozen Handi Rifles, both H&R and NEF. Some of them I had more than one barrel fitted to the receiver. I had one that I could not hit the broad side of a barn with, but I never has a problem with any of them not functioning properly. Tuckerd1 now has that one and he says it shoots good for him.
The crown of the barrel had a nick in it. My local gunsmith cleaned it up. Shoots good now.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Hello,
Does anyone have any experience with Noreen Firearms AR's?
Yes, they are a LOUSY company and make a LOUSY, DISGUSTINGLY BAD product.

I just "sold" my NOreen BN36 30-06. I paid $1750 for the riftle an could never get it to cycle correctly even after taking it to a gunsmith.

I sold it to my brother for $100. He is going to do a couple things someone here on TFF recommended that worked for him, but I had got disgusted with all the time and money I put into the project. If nothing worse, my brother will have a bolt action 30-06 with a 20 round magazine.

There are MANY good producers out there. Stay away from this company.

Reactions: ms6852
1 - 13 of 13 Posts