The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
11,868 Posts
I was in a local pawn and gun shop today. They had a lot of handguns. One in particular might be of interest to you. It is a new Ruger LC9s. It should fit small hands well. I don't know if it meets CA regs or not. You could have it transferred to your LGS. PM for more info if interested.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Good for you on your CCW, Rae!!!!

Sorry to hear that the firearm supply has dried up right now. Folks will recommend 6,000 different concealable pistols. I can only say that my wife Janet carries a Kimber Micro 9 (with the laser grip sights) and she loves it in her purse. She used to carry an East German 9X18 caliber Makarov - but it was a tad heavy for her. The Kimber is reliable, simple to use and fairly small. It shoots regular 9mm Luger ammunition - pretty effective in power. She says the slide to operate it is a little stiff for her, but she carries it with the hammer down - on safe - with a round in the chamber. All she has to do to use it is take the safety off and cock the hammer back. Those laser sights are great! All you do is put that red dot on whatever you need to shoot. Don't even have to aim the sights.

·
Premium Member
TFF Pie Queen
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have a nice little gun shop they may do the transfer....
But ill check Grundmans first......
Any thoughts on a Kimber revolver?

·
Premium Member
TFF Pie Queen
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@TRAP55 I have to to Rio Dell to take my truck seat...
So I will stop by.

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Super Moderator
10,698 Posts
The K6 is a good looking gun, Ive never shot one but had one in hand once.
There in the next highest tax bracket for a carry revolver, but the ol'e cliché "you get what you pay for"

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Rae my wife has small hands and not real strong . I took her to try guns out and she tried out several and the one she finally picked was S&W Shield 9mm . Wished the EZ Shield was out then cause I did wound up replacing the spring to a slightly less powerful one to make it easier to rack the slide . Just my 2 cents . Sure you will get a few reviews and of course the stores need to have guns to sell first . I put a Big Dot Sight on my CCW cause my eyes are getting weak and hard to focus without reading glasses , she tried and liked that to so got her a set coming in the mail .

·
Premium Member
19,565 Posts
My carry gun is a S&W Shield. My wife can't pull the slide on it. We went to the gun shop and looked at the S&W EZ Shield. She had no problem pulling the slide. If she gets her concealed carry this is the gun she wants. I would defiantly take a look at it.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Same here . I CCW the Shield 9mm myself . Person just needs to take time and choose one best for them . I know a few folks looking but not finding guns right now . They may find one the like but just like Rae the store is out of stock .

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
By all accounts the Kimber is a fine revolver but it ain’t cheap. The Ruger sp101 is also a fine choice, weighs a hair more one less round but $300 cheaper. The Ruger LCR is a fine carry revolver, light ugly all business and less money than the 101. Of course the Smiths are great guns in the many flavors they come in, cost these days in between the Ruger and the Kimber.
If you are asking about the Kimber because your LGS has one available......if it fits your hand and you have the extra $300 you may want to get it. In these “interesting times” we find ourselves in there may be fewer choices next week. If you buy the Kimber and things return to normal you will have a fine revolver with 2 or three hundred dollars less in the bank than if you waited till the market calmed down and you bought a Ruger or Smith. If you do not buy it and things continue to head south you may have a harder time finding a lesser revolver at inflated prices.

·
Registered
545 Posts
If you do look at revolvers, take special care to make sure that the barrel is perfectly aligned with the frame. You will see many where the barrel has been tightened and turned into the frame too much or not enough and the front sight will be a little to the left or the right of the frame and the rear sight. This has been a problem for years and hasn't gotten much better. I've noticed there are always a few assembled wrongly like this in most gun cases at the lgs. Here's a photo I found on line to illustrate. Also look for evenness on both sides where the barrel meets the frame.

When the barrel is not centered properly, the gun with fixed sights will shoot either to the left or the right of where you aim.

EF27614A-167F-477F-B270-6EFCFC323354.jpg

·
Registered
572 Posts
There are slim pickings around here too! The few that are around are either the ultra high end or the ultra low end. Best of luck to you and stay safe!

Reactions: flboots

·
GUNZILLA
6,422 Posts
Went to academy today and it is the worst I have ever seen. They did not have a clerk working firearms and there weren't any type of ammo in the shelves not even shotgun shells. This is worse than the 8 year O'bama Drought.

Reactions: flboots and joe45c

·
Premium Member
17,852 Posts
Went to academy today and it is the worst I have ever seen. They did not have a clerk working firearms and there weren't any type of ammo in the shelves not even shotgun shells. This is worse than the 8 year O'bama Drought.
Noticed the same thing with ammo at Walmart yesterday. Just a box or 2 of shotgun shells. I'm kicking myself because last week Walmart had about 10 boxes of WRF ammo 125 to a box for $18.00. I could have shot it out of my Henry .22 mag. But it was all gone yesterday!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts